Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The Six Month Challenge

Grendelslip

Re: The Six Month Challenge

Post by Grendelslip » 10 May 2012 09:24

Morning.

I agree - great post DD.

No sun here and no kids cos they grew up. I did have a moment's panic because I thought somebody said Grenny's looking after the children. Should have gone to Shreksavers, or whatever it's called.

I think The Duck had a little internal tussle with the EAF last night and the EAF lost. There will be much in the way of encouraging noises and compliments on how well we are looking this morning etc. (The quacky one is still in bed but we keep strange hours due to shift working).

See you later good people.

Dave
Last edited by Grendelslip on 11 May 2012 14:41, edited 1 time in total.

Lucy Lamb
Last Drink Date: 15 Jan 1912
First Sober Date: 16 Jan 2012

Post by Lucy Lamb » 10 May 2012 09:57

Morning! I saw that sun, Dave. It was out when I stood outside work for 20 mins at the crack of dawn, because I have lost my keys :-(

My one child is grown up, and living with us, as is her 'Grenny'. Both act like kids at time :( Both lovely though.

Been to Docs about my hurts, and my pain killers have been changed, they were giving me headache. She never mentioned booze once! I have lost 9 lbs since I was last there. Disappointingly, just stopping the booze didn't help (even though I was on 15,000 calories a week more when drinking) I have had to cut back to 900 calories a day. All of you who think you have heard thunder, well that will be my tummy!

Got a wedding night do on Saturday, and I'm not the slightest bit concerned :0) .

Well done all!

Love Lucy x
Alcohol is the biggest LIE they ever tell you. I mean, it's big. Bigger than the tooth fairy, bigger than Santa, bigger and scarier than the monster under the bed. L.Lamb. 2012.

New image
Last Drink Date: 12 Dec 2011

Post by New image » 11 May 2012 13:47

Hello lovelies

Hope you're all doing well and enjoying life.

5 months free tomorrow for me. Life never been so good though still tired at times. Never ever giving this up for alcohol again. How did I let alcohol control my life, my love, my family, my everything for all those years? A question I ll never be able to answer.
Love to y all xxxx
Lucky number 7.
2012,2013,2014, 2015 alcohol free.
2016 work in progress

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat » 11 May 2012 14:30

Good question NI. Why do we waste years of our lives in an alcoholic daze? Best not to dwell on it too much though; just be grateful it's in the past and get on with enjoying the future. Luv TC and an early:-

\:)/ \:)/ FIVE MONTHS TOMORROW CONGRATULATIONS NEW IMAGE (::) (::)

Luv TC \:)/ \:)/
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

New image

Post by New image » 11 May 2012 14:35

Thanks tc. Xx
Lucky number 7.
2016 work in progress

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip » 12 May 2012 08:13

WELL DONE NEW IMAGE - 5 MONTHS AF!!!!!

\:)/ \:)/ (::) (::) (::) (::) \:)/ \:)/

For the first time in ages the sun is out here to greet the day so here's a nice picture of the sun shining on the mountain you've climbed. I notice that you joined BE on your day 5. I bet 5 months seemed a long way off on that day. Well, here it is!! Very, very well done.

Dave
Sunny Morning for New Image.jpg
Sunny Morning for New Image.jpg (8.87 KiB) Viewed 393 times

CJ
Last Drink Date: 22 May 2011

Post by CJ » 12 May 2012 09:12

New Image

CONGRATULATIONS ON 5 MONTHS AF

\:)/ (::) \:)/ (::) \:)/ (::)

Well done you! And the sun has come out to celebrate with you! Thank you for being a good friend to me, and I wish you many more months(/YEARS!) of happy sobriety. <:)> <:)>
Cj
xx
"My urge is never to have just a glass even if the EAF pretends it is, my urge is to get wasted. When I am getting urges like that it is impossible for me to kid myself that I no longer have a problem." Pineapple

Lucy Lamb

Post by Lucy Lamb » 12 May 2012 09:15

Hi Ni,

Very very well done, and many congratulations on this lovely day xxx

Love Lucy xxx <:)>
Alcohol is the biggest LIE they ever tell you. I mean, it's big. Bigger than the tooth fairy, bigger than Santa, bigger and scarier than the monster under the bed. L.Lamb. 2012.

behindblueeyes
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2012

Post by behindblueeyes » 12 May 2012 09:22

New Image.....well done to you!! \:)/ (::) \:)/
Dance like no-one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no-one is listening, live like it's heaven on earth.

New image

Post by New image » 12 May 2012 11:51

Arghh man
What fabulous well wishers you all are.
Dave. That bloody mountain has been a high one youre right. I ve tried to climb it many times over the years but this time I set off with a different stronger determination and had my bag packed with essentials I ve needed and still need along the way.

You guys have all helped me too. I couldn't have done it without ya. When I tried previously I was on my own, without the support of you all.

Thank you all of ya from the bottom of my heart.
Cj thanks for taking the time out to come and visit me here you're a star. You too hiding. When are you joining us here on this thread

Thanks everyone for your wishes. You're my rock. Enjoy the sun while it shines. <:)>
Lucky number 7.
2016 work in progress

behindblueeyes
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2012

Post by behindblueeyes » 13 May 2012 00:00

DD....14 weeks......Well Done!!!! \:)/ \:)/ (::) \:)/ \:)/

You deserve your chocolate today! xx
Dance like no-one is watching, love like you'll never be hurt, sing like no-one is listening, live like it's heaven on earth.

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip » 13 May 2012 01:48

Hey, well done DD. (::) (::) 14 weeks is cool..... but raise your sights, lass. Tuesday will be your 100 days - triple figures!! Whoop, whoop. \:)/ \:)/

Sorry, no piccy as on iPad. Laptop is busy no, I'll be honest, I can't be arsed to fire it up! :oops: In mitigation it is way past my bedtime and I am kernickered. The Duck is having one of her restless legs nights so sleep is impossible. Bleugh. A bottle of voddy would sort things - not to drink, more like as in launching the good ship Quackers down the slipway of oblivion with a hefty crack over the bonce. Stressed? Moi?
Last edited by Grendelslip on 13 May 2012 09:08, edited 1 time in total.

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 13 May 2012 08:02

\:)/ \:)/ WELL DONE - 14 WEEKS DD \:)/ \:)/
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 13 May 2012 08:18

Erm, um, think so :? Never was any good at maths.

Was a bit tired last night. Slept well though. Enjoy your day. I wouldn't mind finding Prince Charming at the bottom of my garden. All I've got are nettles! TC <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Lucy Lamb

Post by Lucy Lamb » 13 May 2012 08:50

Morning !!

Well done DD!

Had a great night at the wedding. Have not quite got round to sober dancing yet, though!

Have spent the morning thinking about the opportunities I would have had to embarrass myself and OH if I had been drunk. Instead. here I am, happy and hangover free!

Lots of Love, <:)>

Lucy xx

p.s. Can you believe I tripped up? Luckily no one saw. I forgot the smokers' tent has a raised floor. I bet I would have fallen and not got up if I was drunk! I am so glad no-one was there. I have a massive bruise on my foot though. :lol:

Grendelslip

Post by Grendelslip » 13 May 2012 09:08

Hi folks!

20/1 is pretty good odds DD, but I wouldn't waste my money betting on you slipping up! Right then, tomorrow is day 99 for you then it's ton-up Donkey time. Oh, your counting may be a bit out. According to Terry Pratchett its 'one, two, many, lots', but he was writing about trolls at the time, not donkeys. (Btw, you've done well over 9 million seconds AF. That's a lot of seconds.)

Hey, well done Lucy!! (::) Don't worry about tripping up. I'm sure you can give it up any time!! I've got a very small but permanent scar on my forehead after falling over a couple of months ago. Stone cold sober and out stone cold (virus-induced giddiness). Perhaps those stumbles over the years were down to clumsiness, not drinking. :? Sober dancing is fun. Just make sure everybody else has had a few first.

\:)/ \:)/ and <:)> <:)> to everybody.

Dave

LBNS
Last Drink Date: 01 Feb 2020
First Sober Date: 02 Feb 2020

Post by LBNS » 13 May 2012 09:33

Good morning all fellower B E - ers.
Very pleased to say I am on the 6 month challenge, I honestly think this is the longest time I have gone without alcohol since I "discovered" it around age 14, I'm now 40 :oops:
Just wanted to say "hi" to you all, I'm at nearly 4 months sober, but I gave up nearly a year ago, my day one was the 4 th July, independance day, how poinient is that? Just had 6 drinking days since then.
I haven't been posting as I've been feeling very disconnected recently, as my mom died two and a half months ago, plus I have been really busy tried to sort all her affairs out. I'm still here though, and I do read my relevant thread as often as I can, you are doing amazingly x
Grendel, I feel like I really know you, your posts are so insightful.
Danny Donkey, with regard to the stickers, you are just praising yourself - nothing wrong with that! I am a big believer that we are all just grown up children, still need love, encouragement, praise and acceptance on a regular basis to flourish, and you are just helping yourself to flourish. ;)
Hope you all have a good day.
You never regret NOT drinking the next morning.

CJ

Post by CJ » 13 May 2012 17:48

Hello LBNS,
I don't think we have spoken before but I just read this post and wanted to say how well you have done to have stayed alcohol free in the face of what you have/are going through. I take my hat off to you I really do. Bereavement and its aftermath really takes its toll. I do hope you know this is such a great place to post away when things get a bit much. I'm sure you do.
Take care,
Cj
xx
"My urge is never to have just a glass even if the EAF pretends it is, my urge is to get wasted. When I am getting urges like that it is impossible for me to kid myself that I no longer have a problem." Pineapple

LBNS
Last Drink Date: 01 Feb 2020
First Sober Date: 02 Feb 2020

Post by LBNS » 13 May 2012 18:17

Hey Calam (always wanted to say that!) thanks so much for your words of support, it means a lot. I know that
I couldn't possibly drink at a time like this, I know I would be taken to a very dark place if I did. I didn't drink much after my brother died 6 years ago, I knew it would be really bad if I did. I am finding that I am waking up in the morning feeling like I've been drugged in the night, so dopey, and then at other times I have way too much energy and my mind is racing and I want to do everything all once. I'm keeping a check on my behaviour, as my brother had manic depression in his early 20's, and I know a lot about the symptoms, at least I'm aware of it so can monitor it. Feeling ok at the moment, just physically tired. I've been over at my moms most of the day, painting the garage doors and sorting out the front garden. The place needs so much attention, it's so overwhelming :(
You never regret NOT drinking the next morning.

CJ

Post by CJ » 13 May 2012 22:09

It takes such a long time to sort everything out. My dad-in -law died last year and we are still dealing with his estate- trying to maintain his house and garden until it is sold. It is particularly hard emotionally for my husband, as it is difficult to move on while everything is going on. I presume you are in a similar situation.
Cj
xx