Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Beyond the 1 Year Milestone

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Re: Beyond the 1 Year Milestone

Post by Topcat » 13 May 2012 06:40

CRUMPETS?????? Oh Mai, I'm on my way. My favourites. Can I have mine with Cheddar cheese all melted and gooey sliding down the holes - drool, drool, sigh, drool. Worcestershire Sauce too would be just divine!
Glad you're feeling good. The sun is shining here again and, I've decided that my white bits really are better kept under wraps. Just wish the rest of the population would do the same.

HAPPY AUSSIE MOTHERS DAY \:)/ \:)/ \:)/ \:)/

CJ Hope family "do" went stress free and Pineapple's wedding "do". Kazz, can't you get some of the overspill into storage? Failing that, you can always use the packing cases as furniture. I moved into a flat once and sat in the middle of the floor eating meals off boxes for weeks. Just slung covers over them! Jos, do bees need any looking after or do they do it themselves? Fascinating things.

<:)> to Rags, Paj, Cazz, NI and everybody who know me.

Sun is shining again. I need to get the machete out and make my way into the back garden. Enjoy your Sunday everybody. Luv TC <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

mai

Post by mai » 13 May 2012 06:46

Morning TC
Knew the smell would get people up :D - will sprinkle some cheese on a couple now - and yes I have Lea & Perrins - love cheese on toast with a bit sprinkled - Yum..
Good luck with the garden hacking :?
Mai
xxx
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it..
Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 13 May 2012 06:53

God, I'm dribbling here and IT'S NOT PRETTY! This calls for urgent action with the grill pan AND NOW.
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

CJ
Last Drink Date: 22 May 2011

Post by CJ » 13 May 2012 11:08

Morning everyone,
Jos crumpets with pepper? I shall have to try that. My favourite quirky food is toast with peanut butter and raspberry jam :D
My family day was lovely although I was feeling a bit unwell and that made me quieter than normal and then the EAF poked her nose in at times. I always miss my mum greatly at these family occasions too. Funny thing was even though everyone was drinking all afternoon, no one got drunk. I have in my head a vision of us all getting drunk together but perhaps it really was just me :oops:
Mai it is so hard with teenagers isn't it. I am having worries about my son again. Posted on the year thread. Its so hard to get the balance right at this age- how to be a friend and a parent at the same time, especially when we have our own guilt issues.
I do hope everyone is ok, Cazz have I missed you? - let us know how you are.
Pineapple, how did the wedding go?
Love to everyone, some of you seem to be taking a break...don't stay away too long, we all miss you
Cj
xx
"My urge is never to have just a glass even if the EAF pretends it is, my urge is to get wasted. When I am getting urges like that it is impossible for me to kid myself that I no longer have a problem." Pineapple

Pineapple
Last Drink Date: 04 Aug 2013

Post by Pineapple » 13 May 2012 11:28

Morning

CJ, glad yersterday went well but sorry you were not feeling too great. You must miss your mum at times like that. God isn't it funny when we experience very drunken occasions and realise that no perhaps it was only us :oops: Goood on you though for ignoring the EAF <:)> I will have a read on the 1 year thread too.

Happy Mother's day to the Aussie contingent, hope you are getting spoilt rotten ;)?

Jos, enjoy your walk, I too much rather be in the outdoors than in a gym if possible. I am meant to be going out on my bike today but the wind is howling. May go a short way and see if it calms down away from the sea.

Ragnar, have your feet recovered from all the dancing yet? Mine are quite tender today as we were really busting our moves :D

The wedding was absolutely lovely yesterday, the bride was stunning. The whole day just perfect and the sun stayed out. had my sparkling water at the ready for the toasts and sailed through. a couple of twinges when the wine, free wine at that :D was going round but nothing major. Later on there were some very sorry states and was so chuffed that none of them were me. After my major wobble last week I am once again proud and happy in my sobriety. I danced lots to the band and when I went to the toilets late on in the evening I saw a smiling, fresh eyed Pineapple looking back and I was so proud. Am very greateful that I got through last week.

Mai, yes it is easy to fall asleep on a sofa, I too would have given them the benefit of the doubt this time but like you gone over house rules again. You did great <:)>

Enough of a waffle from me I must get on my bike.

Hugs to all <:)>

P x
If you want the rainbow, you've got to put up with the rain.
-- Dolly Parton

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » 13 May 2012 11:48

Cheers Ragnar, Am just about to head out but will hold you fully responsible if I struggle out and back :D It just a great feeling to feel fit and healthy enough after a wedding to lift my head off my pillow never mind get out in the fresh air.

P x
-- Dolly Parton

CJ

Post by CJ » 13 May 2012 15:00

Pineapple wrote: After my major wobble last week I am once again proud and happy in my sobriety.
You have no idea how pleased I am to hear you say that! ;)? ;)? ;)? It's amazing isn't it when we go out and actually enjoy ourselves sober. And what a lovely image I have of you smiling at your own reflection...
Pride! Well deserved!
Cj
xx
"My urge is never to have just a glass even if the EAF pretends it is, my urge is to get wasted. When I am getting urges like that it is impossible for me to kid myself that I no longer have a problem." Pineapple

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » 13 May 2012 16:16

Back from two hours hard cycling in the wind, was absolutely mental. Two long beaches in the town were I live so I also had the pleasure of cycling through a crazy sandstorm. Amazing fun though and a great workout indeed.

My eldest got in a bit of a grump today, if I had been hungover it would have escalated into a full on argument between us as I would have been too self absorbed in my own hangover and whatever drunken mishaps had occurred last night. As it was I took the time to actually ask 'are you okay?'. Cue cuddles from my grown up 16 year old man boy and a good chat about his girlfriend problems. Nothing major between them thankfully but I was able to listen and advise on their bickering. Then got in the car to drive him to see her. I feel so happy that I was there to be mum as was he. Has made me quite emotional and I am welling up again just thinking about it.

P x
-- Dolly Parton

Sheila
Last Drink Date: 16 Aug 2018
First Sober Date: 17 Aug 2018

Post by Sheila » 13 May 2012 21:37

That's so lovely Pineapple <:)> Those little things mean so much ;)?

We went to my daughters yesterday for tea and a play with our 5 year old granddaughter who was so thrilled that we (me and her) had the same special 'pink drink' ... Blackcurrant and lemonade ;)? Everyone else was drinking wine or beer, but we were 'special' she said :lol:
#4 on the 2020 Challenge
I will not drink again no matter what.

cazzzm
Last Drink Date: 31 Dec 2015

Post by cazzzm » 13 May 2012 22:34

Good morning everyone,
Sheila, that's so cute.
Had a lovely mothers day yesterday, thankyou rags for the flowers and well wishes from everyone. Went out to a restaurant with lots of family ( 3 generations of mums ) and had a three course lunch. All the mums were given a lovely rose and a box of chocolates as we entered. I was still so full later that I didnt feel like having tea so I ate the chocolates instead. Today I need to focus on healthy eating, been eating so much rubbish lately. Unfortunately there are still chocolates left that will probably call my name all day. Might put them in the freezer away from temptation.
Pineapple, your bike ride sounds amazing but difficult. How long till the charity ride?
<:)> to all, Cazz

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 14 May 2012 06:05

Moreven all,

Loved your "pink drink" Sheila. (::)

Blimey Pineapple. You deserve a (::) for all that pedalling. Well done you.

Glad you had a lovely day Cazz. Sounds lovely - now LEAVE THE CHOCS ALONE for another day (or send the plain hard centres to me).

Jos, your culinary delights put me to shame :oops: . I boil great water though.

After all my gardening yest. the back is feeling remarkably good this morning. It's the rest of me that's begging for mercy.

Sun is shining, birds are singing and that's me out the door any minute. Luv to all TC

Just seen your post Jos. Can understand your decision, but don't stay away too long will you? <:)> <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

CJ

Post by CJ » 14 May 2012 08:02

Selfishly, I'm sorry to hear you are taking time out Jos, I will miss you, but I understand that maybe you need a break from the site. Thanks for letting us know. Take care <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » 14 May 2012 16:59

Hi Jos, hope your time out is good to you. Take care hun <:)>

Had auditors sat with me on and off all day today and yippee it will be the same tomorrow and Wednesday :? This year am not having to keep my distance to hide the wine fumes. Much less stressful for that reason alone than in previous years.

Sheila, how lovely that you and your grandaughter share a special drink.

Cycled to work again today and about to cycle home again and the rain has started. Cazz, bke ride not until September so have enough time to increase my mileage so I can actually, hopefully enjoy the day.

P x
-- Dolly Parton

mai

Post by mai » 14 May 2012 18:22

Helloooo Peeps
Have tried to post a couple of times but I keep being thrown out and my computer says no!!
Pineapple <:)> - you mad spikey fruit - think you are absolutely amazing, the wedding sounded lovely and you were stunning to the end - those clear eyes looking at you kid :D
Sheila how lovely - it must make such a difference to her that someone remains the same temperament..
CJ, I tried to write you a post on the one year thread, but it obviously didn't want me to as it kept disappearing but I just wanted to say well done on praising your boy - that he comes home and makes sure he is not alone on the journey is such a good thing.. Maybe you could say to him about drinking that you understand he will, but just to tell you about it instead of trying to hide the fact. My daughter has a drink now and then at parties, but she doesn't really drink that often - probably because she had such a role model :oops:
Jos, I too am very selfishly jealous that you will be having a break. I hope you are ok, oh and enjoyed the nice weather proof gym with its padded seat stantionary bikes..
Cazzzm, how you doing girlie?
I have to say I have struggled the last few days. My oh came home in a terrible mood yesterday and it all went to poo from there - and I could not get online :x .. This morning was a real struggle - my worst time - and I felt I was climbing the walls - the cherry on the cake is my oh is at home tomorrow :o .. I am still gritting my teeth, have eaten mueslie to try and keep full, and I feel shattered ..
Sorry for being such a grump :roll:
Take care all
Mai
xxx
Nothing fixes a thing so intensely in the memory as the wish to forget it..
Scars remind us where we’ve been. They don’t have to dictate where we’re going

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » 14 May 2012 19:13

Mai, glad to see you posting. Do your best to steer clear of the grumpy ass tomorrow. You do not have to put yourself in his firing line. Is there a walk nearby that you have not done before. You and your doggies could get out and explore a bit.

Will be thinking of you <:)>

P x
-- Dolly Parton

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 15 May 2012 06:03

Moreven Everybody,

Got the glums and can't seem to shift 'em sigh, sigh! Early walk yesterday didn't shift the gloom. Try again today. Seems to be a bit of an epidemic to be honest. Everybody's sick to death of the miserable weather. Sun is currently shining so I shall get out early again. After that, big event coming up, Mr. Sheen brought from the depths of the cupboard and the hoover wielded round Topcat Towers (now isn't that exciting) :roll: . Can't take all this excitement! Really must shift the glums though or there's a danger of looking you all know where. I know, sod the housework, let's go shopping (::) (::) .

Mai, don't know the details, but your OH seems to be a bit of a problem. Perhaps, as Pineapple said, you could escape for a walk with the dogs (how many and what flavour)? Other than that, could you have an escape room (or shed of your own)? I had a sewing room when I was with my ex and used to escape there and take it out on the sewing machine (lots of wavy lines down scraps of fabric).

Thanks Rags. Glad there are no hard feelings re: the Choc Teapot. Hell, I can't seem to find the full stop on this machine today - who moved it?

Good day to everyone <:)> TC
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 15 May 2012 07:38

Grrhhh, even worse now - got drenched. One good thing though - just looked at the date and it's :-

Nine years ago today since I coughed my last cigarette.
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

CJ

Post by CJ » 15 May 2012 08:04

Hugs to Mai and TC today. Mai keep strong honey and as TC says try and escape somehow, can you simply find a corner and read a book for a while?
TC I saw you advise someone yesterday I think- even normal people have bad days! Chin up, and personally I think shopping sounds a better idea than housework!
<:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>

Topcat

Post by Topcat » 15 May 2012 08:14

Calamity Jane wrote: TC I saw you advise someone yesterday I think- even normal people have bad days! Chin up, and personally I think shopping sounds a better idea than housework!
<:)> <:)> <:)> <:)>
Thanks CJ. One of my problems though is not being able to follow my own advice :oops: .
#5 on the 2020 Challenge

Pineapple

Post by Pineapple » 15 May 2012 12:13

TC, hope your mood is lifting. Some days we just feel like pooh and nothing really makes a difference although I don't think a soak in the bath or something nice to eat ever does any harm. You should definitely mark all your smoke free years in some way. Fantastic (::)

Ragnar, it is fantastic being free of the alcohol fumes paranoia. I smell it on people, like an alcohol bloodhound so no matter what my denials at the time it must have been obvious. The worst my auditor will get today is my cheese and onion crisp breath :D

Cycled to work today, was a thought this morning to be honest but once I got pedalling I had a nice ride in, took a slightly different route to shake it up a bit, what a rebel eh :lol:

This manky weather will not be helping people's moods, summer has to arrive at some point though.

P x
-- Dolly Parton