Beyond the 1 Year Milestone

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Re: Beyond the 1 Year Milestone

Post by Rachel »

You lot put me to shame. Recently I have noticed my right knee hurting after just a 3km walk (tramping round the streets of suburban London, feeling very locked down.) I know all those knee injuries would come to get me in the end :( I dread ending up like my mother and unable to walk much. I am 'only' 53 (which, incidentally, means that 42 years before I was born, women were wearing flapper dresses and men were in spats :shock: )

So how was the swimming pic taken, Jj123? Do you have someone accompanying you in a boat?
Rachel

moo
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2020

Post by moo »

Great to hear from you EH and a lovely pic again. Hi Rachel is it worth getting a physio appt on your knee... What do you think is the problem..

Here's me this week above the clouds.
Attachments
FB_IMG_1615071722573.jpg
FB_IMG_1615071722573.jpg (43.36 KiB) Viewed 578 times
here I am again.... the best place to be

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

I have fallen on my knees badly a few times, Moo. It could be that. (And yes, at least one of those was after having drunk quite a bit. I tripped getting off the bus, on my way home from an evening out with colleagues, and because my hands were in my pockets pretty much when flat over. Lucky I didn't break by nose. Other times definitely sober!)

I don't come from very robust, healthy stock though.

On the other hand maybe it's lack of regular exercise? I like to think that if I had somewhere lovely, wild and unpopulated to go instead of a suburban crappy part of London I'd have done more in the last year, but... who knows. I suffer from extremely low energy levels (been to the doctor’s many times but to no avail.) Exercise doesn't help this.
Curiously, my one go at running a few weeks ago (I must try again) didn't seem to hurt my knee.
Rachel

ExiledHighlander
Last Drink Date: 30 Nov 2019

Post by ExiledHighlander »

Hi Jj,

I stumbled across this today and thought it might be of interest if you hadn't seen it before. https://www.wildernessscotland.com/blo ... -1-alice/
"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." - unknown

"If I'm an alcoholic, I shouldn't drink. If I'm not, I don't need to." - Caroline Knapp

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Thanks EH
I hadn’t seen it but absolutely love it
My new motto is “be more like Alice”
JJ
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible.
Dalai Lama

moo

Post by moo »

How's your job going Jj.. Hope all OK <:)>

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Hi moo thanks for asking
It’s fine early days and feels a bit weird but good
Jj
Dalai Lama

moo

Post by moo »

Oh great.. Pleased to hear it Jj. Always strange starting something new so glad it's going ok

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Thanks so much moo
Happy Mother’s Day hang hope all you mothers have something good planned and if not a mother then have a good time with your mothers around you xxx
JJ
Dalai Lama

Rachel

Post by Rachel »

My mum is 200 miles away :( Not seen her since September. One of carers have he a big hug today, apparently. Er.... :? I've not done that since January 2020 :o
Rachel

Iroquois

Post by Iroquois »

Hello everyone! :\:

I am in the middle of the wrath of Xylia, the heavy, wet snow and blizzard now happening in Colorado & Wyoming & Nebraska!

Whoa! Glad to be in, safe and warm, away from the horizontal snow! Still have power, thank God! If the power goes off, I’m off to bed with blankets and cats! Our power company is very reliable and has regulations, unlike Texas! Hard to imagine any of my Reps and Senators heading to Cancun! Well, they can’t because DIA is closed and all flights canceled!

My patio is covered in snow and it looks pretty miserable out there! Suddenly, I am aware what it is like trapped in a snow globe! Yikes! Twilight Zone story?

Well, here’s to living in the tropics! ☀️☀️🏖🏕⛱☀️☀️🌿🌴🌵🌷🌹🌴

Deanna Brrrrrrrrrrrrrr☃️⛄️❄️❄️❄️
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make you happier, calmer, prettier, more clever or less angry.
Only sobriety will help you achieve these attributes.

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Sounds wild and a little scary deanna hope the worst of the storm has passed now
Take care
JJ
Dalai Lama

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat »

Rachel wrote:
14 Mar 2021 14:55
I've not done that since January 2020
Hope you get to give your mum a hug very soon Rachel <:)>
Iroquois wrote:
14 Mar 2021 20:06
I am in the middle of the wrath of Xylia, the heavy, wet snow and blizzard now happening in Colorado & Wyoming & Nebraska!
Yikes. Hope it eases soon Deanna <:)>
#5 on the 2021 Challenge
When life kicks sand in your face, build a castle.

moo

Post by moo »

Wow hope it's eased off a bit now Deanna. Sounds wild... Trying to imagine it

Iroquois

Post by Iroquois »

TC and Moo :\:

Still lots of snow everywhere, but melting slowly! It stopped coming down Sunday night, but major highways will open tonight, 48 hours closed is pretty much unheard of! Temps up on Thursday so lots of melting will be underway!

Xylia gave us a mess, but a heavy, wet snow like that sinks down in the Earth to replenish our ground water, which is used for drinking water, full use water and irrigation! Oh my, we do all fight over our water so we need it badly!

We get most of our snow in March, our spring gift! 🌱🌿🪴🌲🌳🌴🍀☘️🌵

Deanna <:)> <:)> <:)>
There isn't enough alcohol in the world to make you happier, calmer, prettier, more clever or less angry.
Only sobriety will help you achieve these attributes.

moo

Post by moo »

Yey that's me broken up for the holidays. Celebrated with a daft fast run up a hill.

Have a good weekend everyone xz
Attachments
Sunset from the hill
Sunset from the hill
IMG_20210319_182735.jpg (145.14 KiB) Viewed 331 times

Jj123

Post by Jj123 »

Wow great photo moo
Have a brilliant holiday
I’m off for a swim
Yesterday the colours were amazing at my wee local loch
Not far off 18 months now settling into the new norm.
New job weird but so glad not using alcohol to “smooth off the edges” it’s really part of this journey living with the plethora of emotions life throws at you
Have a brillliant weekend everyone
Attachments
77A0D9B5-C05B-4E16-988A-2AEF55A8AB32.jpeg
77A0D9B5-C05B-4E16-988A-2AEF55A8AB32.jpeg (73.54 KiB) Viewed 319 times
Dalai Lama

moo

Post by moo »

Oh wow! Fabulous pic Jj. Great to get outside - it's my way of dealing with everything in life.
Nearly 18 months is amazing. As you say it is the new normal but you know, I never take any day for granted. I really don't.
I actually posted on a friend's FB who said she was struggling that I had stopped drinking over a year ago and life was so much better without drinking - didn't get a positive response -i understand why but it was a strange one. I kind of wish I hadn't bothered posting but it was too late to retract it. Never mind eh.

Glorious here... off for a dog walk and to find a coffee van

ExiledHighlander
Last Drink Date: 30 Nov 2019

Post by ExiledHighlander »

Good morning beyonders, it’s been very quiet in here, so hopefully that’s a good thing! Leslans, Wilson, Jj, Moo, I hope you’re all well?

I’ve said this a few times now but great sleep quality is one of the biggest benefits of being AF. Asleep by 10pm last night, up at 5.30, out the door just after 6am with the dog for a walk for an hour and half way through encountering this. Glorious morning.
129C406F-4FD1-4E2E-9421-EAB6C1280F5A.jpeg
129C406F-4FD1-4E2E-9421-EAB6C1280F5A.jpeg (477.5 KiB) Viewed 277 times
"If it's important to you, you'll find a way. If not, you'll find an excuse." - unknown

"If I'm an alcoholic, I shouldn't drink. If I'm not, I don't need to." - Caroline Knapp

moo

Post by moo »

Special pic EH capturing the early morning light so well. Love that time of day but don't seem to see it much! You sound as though things are going well for you... Hope so.

All well chez moo. Hope Leslans Jj Wilson and the rest of the beyonders are doing well too.

Night all xx