Sober May

wapati3

Re: Sober October

Post by wapati3 »

Hello AJH :\: Hope you are doing well.

Caroline, my thoughts are with you. I personally think you should treat yourself with extra kindness after tomorrow. <:)> I am sorry you have had to experience extra anxiety this week. I hope you can spend the weekend relaxing and doing what makes you genuinely happy. And blackberry cheesecake mmmmmmm.....

Hopes for a wonderful night's sleep for all :D
You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending-
C.S. Lewis

SoberBoots
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2017

Post by SoberBoots »

Had a few drinking thoughts today. Feel down and anxious, and that's a trigger (as was practically everything though!). I'm working full time this week which isn't usual, and think I'm overtired (I have ME) plus my mum's poorly. I've been on my own for a long time, and whilst this isn't usually a problem there are times I miss having a partner. Anyway, I spent time today literally counting my blessings, made myself go out to a local history talk rather than mope at home all evening, and now I'm on the sofa with a bucket of chocolate cornflake clusters. Very grateful to be able to post here, it's a powerful reinforcement.
The best time to plant a tree was 30 years ago. The second best time is today.

wapati3

Post by wapati3 »

suffolksally wrote:Had a few drinking thoughts today. Feel down and anxious, and that's a trigger (as was practically everything though!). I'm working full time this week which isn't usual, and think I'm overtired (I have ME) plus my mum's poorly. I've been on my own for a long time, and whilst this isn't usually a problem there are times I miss having a partner. Anyway, I spent time today literally counting my blessings, made myself go out to a local history talk rather than mope at home all evening, and now I'm on the sofa with a bucket of chocolate cornflake clusters. Very grateful to be able to post here, it's a powerful reinforcement.
You absolutely exhibited strength and wisdom, by both counting blessings and pushing yourself to do something for distraction. You should wake up in the morning feeling proud that you pushed through a difficult day. I wish for a peaceful night's sleep for you. <:)>
You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending-
C.S. Lewis

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Had fabr result from,biopsy today - totally all clear yaaay!!

wapati3

Post by wapati3 »

Spats wrote:Had fabr result from,biopsy today - totally all clear yaaay!!
That is wonderful news Spats! (::)
C.S. Lewis

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl »

Splendid spats, you’ll be chuffed. :D

Wotcher pork ;)?

Nice picture wapati \:)/

Fantastically well done getting through it sally, nice to see you here. Hope you can have a restful weekend to recover and recharge your batteries. <:)>

Keep on ticking them days off AJH ()o

Hope you are feeling tip top now Danny. :geek:

Thinking of you today Caroline, sending strength patience and grit. You will get through this with aplomb and deal with whatever comes. Hope it goes well sweets. Keep breathing. <:)>

Thanks for the explanation Fuzzy, but do you honestly bother with your *big* coat for weather like that?! Pfft! :lol:

Fresh I’ve run out of smilies so you don’t get one I’m afraid. :—(

Day twenty and almost two thirds of the way through. Yay! Go us! I am very glad indeed that it is Friday, although I may have a bit of a busy weekend it probably won’t be as full on as the last ten days or so have been. I have also planned some sober treats (plural) so have got that to look forward to.

Love to all,
Sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

Well done to everyone on here who's achieving: Spats, that's good news; Sally I hate fighting those thoughts. Sometimes they're really difficult to ignore; AJH I'm glad you've been able to move on.

Day 20. Wowser, wowser. Thank you to each and every one of you on this thread. I needed this push and would not have been able to do it without you all. <:)> (::) \:)/
be selfish in your sobriety.

wapati3

Post by wapati3 »

Hello Pork 8-) , DannyD, Sivlergirl and Octoberers :\:

Looking forward to another beautiful Autumn ( 70's temps :| ) weekend. Hopes it will be a pleasant one for all. :D
C.S. Lewis

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

:\:

Always keeping up with this thread. So pleased for everybody and can't wait to join in november (::)

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

It's never too late Laura. Jump in now? Get the practise before November 1st?

wapati3

Post by wapati3 »

LauraG wrote::\:

Always keeping up with this thread. So pleased for everybody and can't wait to join in november (::)
DannyD is right Laura, you could always join in now. If not, see you for Novembering :D
C.S. Lewis

LauraG

Post by LauraG »

Thank you Danny and Wapati!

I'm on day 8 at the momemt so defo getting the practice in ready for november. October hasnt been too terrible actually. One very bad night and a few not so bad. I'm happy with myself overall but still hoping for full sobriety at some point. I'd love to start 2018 off with some serious time under my belt and continue on from there. Everything crossed i'm on the road \:)/

SoberBoots

Post by SoberBoots »

Spats wrote:Had fabr result from,biopsy today - totally all clear yaaay!!
Fantastic news spats, Phew!

SoberBoots

Post by SoberBoots »

Still feel shite - horrible nightmares. The job's a bit too demanding for me when it's full time. Mostly it's tiredness, but I don't want to spend the evening alone so dragging myself off to a live comedy thing even though my friend can't come so I'll be going solo.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Sheesh Sally. Listen to your body. If it doesn’t want full time AND evenings out, you’re going to have to let something go.

AJH
Last Drink Date: 29 Apr 2021
First Sober Date: 06 May 2021

Post by AJH »

Thank you Danny and silvergirl. Hello too wapiti.

Great news spats.

Well done everyone.

20th done. ;)? \:)/
Spotted Dick, butter and brown muscovado sugar. Gypsy Tart. Butterfly Buns. Just like your Nan used to make.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

21st. And a Saturday. Is the weekend a temptation? Bring out coping tools. Find an activity. Curl up with a good book. Struggle with Soduko. Go cross eyed with cross stitch. Lose yourself in a jigsaw. Knit yourself into a frenzy. Gorge yourself during strictly. Treat yourself with lush AF drinks. We can do this.

silvergirl

Post by silvergirl »

Morning all.

Great list of activities Danny, distraction always a good idea, much MUCH better than booze anyway.

Hope the gig was good Sally, and lovely to see you here Laura. <:)>

Hope everyone’s feeling good this morning. I’m slow getting started and there’s lots I could do if I wanted. But first, coffee. Then, perhaps, a list.

Keep on going folks, at the end of today we’ve notched up three fabulous weeks and will be counting down the remaining ten days of October! \:)/

Sgx
you can't stop the waves, but you can learn to surf.
~jon kabat-zinn

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Congrats to everyone getting this far, or even managing to get through as many days as they could for sober October. \:)/

Started off on sober October but then fell down. After op results I’m going for rest of sober October-last night AF so should get 12 days under my belt ;)?

Anyone seen Swordie?

caroline95

Post by caroline95 »

I'm so chuffed we've made it through three whole weeks, thank you all for posting, it makes all the difference.I know I'd find this a lot harder to do on my own.

I survived yesterday and am so relieved it's over.There are more stressy times to come over the next few weeks but this weekend is a chance to relax.I'm going to deliver a birthday present to a friend then bake a pie for tea and watch Strictly Come Dancing.The awful depression that inevitability follows a night's drinking scares me so much these days it's enough to put me off - I know this won't last but for now I'll take whatever works.

I hope everyone has a safe and peaceful weekend. <:)>