The Next 2 - 4 Weeks

Neal
Last Drink Date: 14 Feb 2021

Re: The Next 2 - 4 Weeks

Post by Neal »

BizzyBee wrote:
07 Mar 2021 18:21
Here's to hoping (raising my cup of fennel tea!) you keep on with how well you're doing now and don't look back :)
Thanks Bizzy - it's been a long time since I put in a stretch like this.

It's the first day of week 4. I'm on a roll. Not complacent, I remain resolutely on guard. I've had a few (!) cravings of varying intensity but I am stronger than I have felt in some time. Increased sobriety helps. So, month milestone, I'm coming for you.

Good luck tutti - stay strong and have a great week. (Or, as great a week as you can, given your current C-19 conditions.)

Neal

;)?
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2021
First Sober Date: 27 Feb 2021

Post by BizzyBee »

Evening guys.
Just hit double figures here. Day 10 complete :)
Had the long awaited news today of a completion date for moving house. It's been going on for so long (since July last year!) that it's a relief the end is in sight. I still don't feel excited yet, I think just because everything has dragged on for so long, but hopefully it will come.
I was tempted to go out and buy a bottle but I didn't. Even when I went to sainsburys and my other half asked me to get him a beer! I got myself a sweet treat instead so am still on the sober train 🚂😊

Off to bed now.
Night night!
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Neal

Post by Neal »

Well done Bizzy.
Especially on beating the celebration reason. It's a crazy reflex. I've found the thinnest of reasons to find an excuse to drink in the past. You beat a legitimate one.
These recent weekends have seen me buying wine for my wife at her request. It was a wee test of resolve; it would've been a bigger one if she'd wanted spirits.
Nevertheless, there was a definite tug at my temperance. Instead, I'm definitely better off with my alcohol-free beers.

Day 23. Oooooo! The mystic number.

Have a grand day everybody.
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

That's a long time to wait to move Bizzy. Hope it goes well. Well done Neal on being on week 4 you're an inspiration. I'm lucky in so much as my OH very rarely drinks so I have no excuse to visit the wine aisle unless it's for me. I think it must be harder if you watch someone else drinking.
Happy Wednesday both ;)?

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Morning all
I'm nearly at the 2 week marker. Day 13 today.
Have been feeling real cravings over the last few days. Questioning myself and what I really want. I do wish I could turn my head off sometimes!
One of the things that has really helped me not give in has been remembering how I feel first thing in the mornings. I think there's only been one morning where I've felt a bit groggy and that was because my son was ill in the night. Every other morning I've felt so much fresher and more alert than I used to.
Long may it last!!
X
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Neal

Post by Neal »

Hi Bizzy et tutti

I use meditation to still - or, rather, try to still - my mind, Biz. I have been meditating ever morning and I can carry my intention and reconnect with mindful calm(-ish) self throughout the day in a breath. Maybe worth a try?

I'm two days away from four weeks sober. Time to look into the maw of longer term goals.

Have a great Friday - day and night.

Neal

;)?

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

That's awesome Neal (::) Am really pleased for your <:)>
Going in to day 14 here.
Is Friday and work has been really full on this week so I've got a bit of anxious worry that I'm going to cave in. I think I'll take today one hour at a time!
For this hour I need tea and a shower 😜
Have a good day x

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Yes the dreaded weekend.... it's hard to disconnect Friday with feelings of euphoria and visions of wine glasses! I've had a few wobbles too Bizzy yesterday and this morning. I seem to be thinking about drinking a lot. I will be 2 weeks tomorrow and I'm almost dreading that as a sign off day - with a "hey I've done 2 weeks that's great but I can't be expected to do any more" sort of scenario in my head. Also it will be Mothers Day on Sunday- usually an excuse for a few drinks - sometimes a big heap of drinks. This year I won't be able to have a meal with my adult children anyway because of lockdown which has got to help. I'm planning all my weekend meals now and having my fav things and getting some cheese and snacks in to fill any empty moments. I can't say for sure what will happen - if I get stern with myself the other side of my personality will rebel big time, but I can say that I will do my best to remember that I haven't regretted one alcohol free day over the last couple of weeks and keep busy! Good luck all x

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

I totally get a lot of what you said there squirrel. The battle within ourselves. Its bloody draining sometimes!!
I was so so close to giving in this evening. Permission thoughts a'plenty!
Exactly like you said - "I've done 2 weeks, surely it's OK to have the one drink."
"work's been shitty, have a drink to chill"
Blah blah blah!!!
Anyway, I just about managed to swerve around them.
Found some flavoured kombucha drinks in little cans in asda so bought some of those instead.
I know I won't regret drinking those in the morning. Would have been a very different story if I'd have given in to the wine calling!

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

14 days today - I'm very focused but will be glad to get the weekend out of the way. Never thought I'd say roll on Monday :roll:

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

I'm afraid I fluffed it last night guys 🙄
Back to day 1 here for me.
Think I might not pay on the day counting threads. For now anyway.
Keep on keeping on squirrel and everyone else <:)>
Smashing it 💪💪

Neal

Post by Neal »

Jumping threads now to the 2-3 months conversation since this is the first day of my second month of the nth sttempt at sobriety.
A long way to go to match my personal best but I'll get there again.
All the best a titti here.
Keep the faith.

Neal

;)?

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

You've done 2 weeks Bizzy! That's great. Don't give up and think you can go back to usual drinking but keep the momentum going. One slip is just a hiccup so keep on the March site - there are plenty of sober days to aim for and don't disappear!!
Congrats Neal. Keep going

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

I'm bowing out of this thread because I decided to drink. I actually made a decision to do it. I am my own worst enemy. I'm not giving up on my new self though and intend to be mostly sober for the rest of March and who knows how long after. Don't think there's anyone on this thread anyway at the moment.Neal moved on because he's still not drinking! so it can be done. It's spooky how quiet it is everywhere - very unusual. Keep sober thoughts everyone.

Musty

Post by Musty »

Just moving over on day 8 ...Checking to see if there is anyone else on the thread.

:\:
Onward through the days

AliSarah
First Sober Date: 10 Aug 2020

Post by AliSarah »

:\: Musty

I’ve jumped in a bit early!

Musty

Post by Musty »

Welcome
Great to have some company .... well done on getting here
day 10 done here ... just keep telling myself I can drink tomorrow if I want and then being delighted when I wake up having not had a drink .

Need to have a plan for the weekend as I get the cravings about 6pm so major distraction needed.

Good night 😴

LynnC
First Sober Date: 16 May 1921

Post by LynnC »

:\:

Just having a peep ... and booking my spot ... I’ll be joining you tomorrow

AliSarah
First Sober Date: 10 Aug 2020

Post by AliSarah »

:\: Hi Lynnn and Musty, I’m still here starting day 9.

Going to visit my Mother for two nights (I’m her support bubble) so I’ll have to turn down offers of wine. It’s a bit Father Ted
“Ah go on go on go on you know you want to”. I will smile and tell her I’m still trying to lose weight.

Best wishes for the weekend, be your own best friend and treat yourself to anything you fancy. You deserve it.
(Alcohol is NOT a treat, obviously, whatever a confused corner of your brain mutters at you!)

Ali <:)>

Musty

Post by Musty »

Welcome lynn and good luck with your visit alisarah.
I know what you mean it’s tricky to resist when in 2 minds.

Sitting here pretending I don’t want a drink mainly as I am bored 😐.....need to find something to do.
Good luck with the weekend all ... stay strong