The Next 2 - 4 Weeks

Furryfeet

Re: The Next 2 - 4 Weeks

Post by Furryfeet »

Just checking in, even if I’m alone here, to mark my place and say I’m on day 9 af.

Avocado
Last Drink Date: 31 Dec 2019

Post by Avocado »

Hi furryfeet,
You're smashing it with your 9 days well done amd keep on going (::)

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Done first 7 days, day 8 today ;)?

Neal
Last Drink Date: 14 Feb 2021

Post by Neal »

Good Morning fellow boarders,
Day 8 for me and I'm really happy to have completed a sober week and a sober weekend: both big firsts-in-a-while for me.
Have a grand day tutti.

Neal

;)?
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

Spats

Post by Spats »

Feels good doesn’t it Neal (::) let’s keep at it folks ;)?

Neal

Post by Neal »

It sure does Spats. Into double figures (in days free from booze) tomorrow.
Hope everyone here is well.
I got up to meditate this morning and, whilst my mind was hard to quieten, it was still worthwhile: even reflecting on chosing to get up to do this reminds me of the benefits if sobriety I.e. not lying in bed until I have to get up, bleary-eted and moody, hoping I don't look like I've been drinking the night before and that I can function well enough.
Much more fulfilling to be awake and preparing for the day, for life, in a brilliantly better way.

Have a good tutti.

Neal

;)?
"...all that road going, and all the people dreaming in the immensity of it... and tonight the stars'll be out, and don't you know that God is Pooh Bear?"

Neal

Post by Neal »

Day the tenth.
Decimal. Double-figured. Even. Two five-bar tally mark gates.
A tenth day of abstinence, sobriety and healthier me. Happier me.

Have as healthy and happy a day as we can.

Neal

;)?

Spats

Post by Spats »

Always feel so lazy apart from days I work (w) but have now done 10 days AF ;)? Hopefully up and get going earlier as the days go by. Need to fill my days more ()o

Keep going folks, never give up giving up (::)

Neal

Post by Neal »

Day the eleventh.
Something orderly about that prime number.

Sober and orderly beating drunk and disorderly again.

Have a good day folks.
A nice progression of days ahead now to the two week milestone, for me.

Neal
;)?

Neal

Post by Neal »

Day the dozenth.

Happy chappy.

Looking forward to a sober weekend.

Hope all's well with all.

Neal

;)?

KraftyKat
Last Drink Date: 19 Feb 2021

Post by KraftyKat »

Hey Neal
You're doing brilliantly!! I'me a few days behind you but determined to stick with it.
Day 8 today for me.
One reason I don't drink is that I want to know when I am having a good time.
Nancy Astor

Spats

Post by Spats »

Two weeks complete (::) first time I’ve done that for a long time. Looking forward to another sober week. My little notes are still working for me. Stick with it folks ;)?

Neal

Post by Neal »

Well done Spats- I hit two weeks too, with a sober Sunday rounding off a sober weekend.
Hope you had a great weekend Kat.

A new week, one I intend to spend continuing my sobriety.

Neal

;)?

Neal

Post by Neal »

The third Friday night in succession I have spent sober was spent giggling and chuckling at a shallow comedy with my BH.

BizzyBee
Last Drink Date: 26 Feb 2021
First Sober Date: 27 Feb 2021

Post by BizzyBee »

Waking up without a hangover on day 8 :D
Not been here for a very long time! It feels good \:)/
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Neal

Post by Neal »

Well done BB.
A better way to start any Saturday is not chasing off Friday night with more booze.
Have a good weekend.

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Morning Neal :)
Is there anyone else on this thread too?
Well, to be woken up by our cat at 6.30 on a Sunday morning and for me to feel fresh, alert and not grumpy and hungover is a very rare thing, but that's the case here this morning!
Still feeling good overall. I have had a slight niggling headache on and off since Friday. I'm sure I remember having delayed withdrawal type symptoms the last time I did longer than a few days sober. They might even have a name but I can't remember what??
Anyway, apart from that, the positives are definitely outweighing the negatives at the mo. Let's hope it continues!

Have a good day everyone x
Addiction is giving up everything for one thing. Recovery is giving up one thing for everything.

Neal

Post by Neal »

Hi Biz

It has been a quiet thread here, for a good few days.
It's good to see you here and I hope you're having a strong weekend. It sounds like you are.
It's day 21 for me - one more week on this challenge thread - and I'm glad to have 3 weeks done, 3 weekends sober and glad that it hasn't been as bad as previous attempts at sobriety.
Once upon a time I stayed sober for a couple of years. Then I reintroduced with a glass of sherry at a small function. Big mistake!
I didn't look back and got progressively more dependent than I had ever been, I think.
Anyway, these three weeks have been relatively easy. I hope it's a sign that I can once again consider a life of complete sobriety. Enough already with the controlling force in my life being alcohol.
A lovely early clear-headed and contented start to the day here.

Determined.

Neal

;)?

squirrel

Post by squirrel »

Hello all. I'm following you across Bizzy as it's day 8 for me. Was so very tempted to pick up something to go with the Sunday lunch but managed to get out of the supermarket unscathed. You are where I want to be in 2 weeks Neal. Yes nice to be able to fully connect with what I'm watching on tv rather that pretending I've been watching with my OH whilst in reality I've not remembered entire episodes of series. Such a lovely sunny day - going to go for a long walk then back for a big meal. Happy days

BizzyBee

Post by BizzyBee »

Evening guys.
3 weeks is wicked Neal. A couple of years is beyond where I can think! You getting back into drinking after that long off, goes to show how easily the alcohol monster takes a hold.
Here's to hoping (raising my cup of fennel tea!) you keep on with how well you're doing now and don't look back :)

Hey squirrel :\: Nice to see you here as well as the March thread too.

Well my day 9 has been mostly spent battling with a smart tv! Was doing the same yesterday afternoon too. It seems my partner and me are a bit out of date with modern technology :lol2:
My other half said something poignant earlier though when I was swearing at the set up screen (for the millionth time!)..... "At least we're not doing this with a hangover darling". Brought a big smile to my face and gave me another little boost to stick with it.
Let's do this!!