The Next 2 - 4 Weeks

LynnC
First Sober Date: 16 May 1921

Re: The Next 2 - 4 Weeks

Post by LynnC »

:\:

Enjoy your stay with your mum Ali, hope that all goes well

I started a cross stitch a long time ago Musty, I haven’t touched it for months, but I’ve pulled it out today so that I can do some over the weekend. It’s the boredom that I have trouble with .... the evening can seem really long sometimes

Hope you all have a lovely weekend

Day 8

LynnC

Post by LynnC »

Hi everyone, hope you’re all keeping well and got through the weekend ok, I’m now going into my second week

Day 9

Musty

Post by Musty »

morning all

\:)/ Day 14 for me been a while coming so well pleased.
Hope you all had a good weekend.

Planned an easy day at home sorting some stuff for tip or into garden as it’s supposed to be sunny later so cushions need to come out.

I also bought non alcoholic beer & wine in prep for being invited round for a drink in a garden. That’s going to be the tricky bit but the af beer is good these days.

Looking forward to getting though the week with you ;)?

sambo

Post by sambo »

Day 8

Well first week done, I spose it has been pretty tough, my partner is not ready to stop yet which I totally understand but I carnt lie and say it makes it any easier.

Just keep telling meself that I have to do this for me and that the drinking life is no life, I had been drinking I think 20+ units a day for a long long time, over lockdown and some other family stress things started to get even crazier, secret drinking in the morning etc

Just gonna keep trying to beat it, spose that's all any of us can do is keep trying.

Do find this site helpful most definitely, am quite surprised tho how quite the forum is when so many out there have problems with alcohol, and lots don't like the thought of going to a doctor for help.

Have a good, positive day people.

LynnC

Post by LynnC »

Hi everyone

Well done on reaching two weeks Musty, that’s excellent going \:)/ and you as well sambo, it can’t be easy to stop drinking if someone around is still drinking. I don’t think that I would be able to resist the temptation so well done on getting through the week. I live on my own as a long as I don’t buy any wine on my way home I’m in the clear .... well for that evening at least

How did your stay at your mum’s go Ali ? Hope you had a lovely time

Double figures for today ..... Day 10

AliSarah
First Sober Date: 10 Aug 2020

Post by AliSarah »

Well, I needed a better plan for the weekend - I’ll be back. I hope you’re keeping going, Lynn, sambo, Musty. Every day is worth it, there’s lots of great strategies on the threads here.
Ali x

Musty

Post by Musty »

Hi all

Tricky thing family visits Ali ... I have decided I can’t stay over with mine at the moment as i know I will cave so day trips only for me.
Be great to get straight back on it as u had got a streak of days ...

Day 10 is fab lynn ... everyday feels a little better
Stay strong there Sambo as u say this is for u not him. It’s an individual battle but harder with temptation around. I get my OH to hide his wine so I don’t know where it is .

sunshine was a strong pull today for a glass but I had an AF beer which helped move past the craving .
Enjoy the sun tomorrow all 😀

Musty

Post by Musty »

Morning all ...

Still here by a thread ... getting trickier at night and it’s the Easter weekend so need to have some better plans in place ..

Day 17 .. how u doing lynn .
Have a good day all

LynnC

Post by LynnC »

Hi Musty and anyone else looking in

I’m still here ;)? Day 12 today, found it a little bit difficult, thinking about the bank holiday weekend ... I’ve armed myself with ice cream

Looking forward to the covid restrictions easing .... just in time for the nicer weather

Hope you all have a lovely evening

Musty

Post by Musty »

Hi lynn & anyone else

Happy Easter weekend... tricky isn’t it. Refusing all garden invites and staying home. Too soon to be testing myself that way.

Would be great if the craving stopped ... usually about 5-7is the most difficult 😥.

Trying to distract & tell myself you can tomorrow as I always wake up relieved I didn’t.
Anyway I believe it’s Day 19 \:)/ which is amazing the furtherest in a couple of years

Stay strong all :\:

Spats
Last Drink Date: 24 Dec 2018
First Sober Date: 25 Dec 2018

Post by Spats »

Finally got over the first two weeks, now on day 16 (::) So I’ll just keep plodding on. My little reminders dotted around the place are a great help to keep me on track. Keep going folks, give up the booze this bank holiday - eat chocolate instead :lol:

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Day 8 today. \:)/
Jumping over to this thread and hope to continue my journey with you

Happy Easter 🐣

Woodstock

Phoebe
Last Drink Date: 27 Mar 2021
First Sober Date: 28 Mar 2021

Post by Phoebe »

Evening all

I've been so busy I've not had time to post, however, I've made it through my first week and joining you on the next challenge.

Hope everyone has had a lovely Easter 🐣

Polly x

councilpop
Last Drink Date: 0- 3-2021
First Sober Date: 22 Mar 2021

Post by councilpop »

Hi All,
I have been on here for the last 2 weeks and now on day 15.
Thought i would join you all on here. I have been a little panicky with it being Easter Weekend but not really fancied a drink as had my second vaccine on Saturday and didn`t feel too good yesterday. I did some knitting and made a quick fish pie but spent the day resting.
Feeling a little brighter today..... This morning i am going to spend knitting as have an order to complete and this afternoon want to do some organising in the house and maybe get out for a walk.
Thanks Musty.. i forgot about AF beer and used to buy Becks Blue so i will be treating myself to some when i next go shopping.

Musty

Post by Musty »

Morning all and well done on getting through the weekend.

Great to have more company.... well done on the week Woodstock & polly... (::) hoping you feel brighter this week.

Hi spats & councilpops ;)? It’s feels good to get more days doesn't it.

I’m loving the fact I can remember everything as I was getting blackouts very quickly & even better is the no guilt and a day spent not beating myself up. I hate myself when I get drunk & it dosent take much these days .

Hope you all have a good day ... I must go do some walking today as I sat in the sun reading yesterday .

Phoebe
Last Drink Date: 27 Mar 2021
First Sober Date: 28 Mar 2021

Post by Phoebe »

Thanks Musty 😊

I have a houseful of hungover people, feeling just a little bit smug.

Hope everyone has a great day

X

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Day 10 today. Getting some AF days behind me which feels good.
Great to hear positive stories from you

No hangovers
No guilt
No blackouts
Getting to do other things like walking and knitting (never managed that as spent more time pulling it out :lol: )

Enjoy your day

Woodstock

Musty

Post by Musty »

Hi all
Hope the week is going well.... half way through ...
How are you all doing ?

Tired here but another night done.. so happy about that...

Sleep well

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Day 11 checking in. :\:

Hope everyone is ok. Im still being tempted by Easter eggs but I suppose it's better than wine :lol:

Woodstock

Post by Woodstock »

Hi :\:
Day 12
Where is everyone?! :?

Woodstock