Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please)

New Members thread, SOS thread, Daily chat and Support, Cutting Down, Abstinence and more.
QueenBee

Re: SOS - Post here if you need help (No General Chat Please)

Post by QueenBee » 04 Mar 2017 06:32

Ok this is not good. It's 6.30am and I'm downing a bottle of wine (after two bottles last night). I'm drinking so the hungover won't be so bad... Vicious circle?! My baby is safe. His daddy is home and knows I'm an alcoholic so he will take charge. I so want to stop but can't. I know I can do it.. I was sober for 6 years before drinking again after giving birth to my baby..PND was diagnosed.
I don't really know where I'm going with this and will probably pass out in awhile but just wanted to talk.

faith2be
Last Drink Date: 06 Nov 2018

Post by faith2be » 04 Mar 2017 06:55

Hello QB
I'm glad you posted. I know all too well where you're coming from <:)>
Is there anything specific that triggered this?
Can you get some water too?
In my experience depression causes us to drink but then we get even more depressed.
I'm here if you want to talk more, here or pm me.
I got through a very bad day yesterday thanks to some very kind PMs and know how much being able to talk here can help.
Xxxx
Definition of recovery:
1) "a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength"
2) "the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

Finley

Post by Finley » 04 Mar 2017 07:00

Morning Queen Bee. So sorry you're feeling like this and you're right - it's not great to need a drink first thing in the morning. Good that your partner is able to take care of baby. I wonder if there is any way you could go back to bed and ride out the hangover if he will take over for the rest of the day? On the other hand, depending on how much you normally drink, it could be dangerous to stop 'cold turkey'. Can you talk to your doctor about your drinking and ask for help to stop safely? If you're still depressed and on medication, drinking will counteract any good it may do you. You're not alone with this so keep posting if you need to and try damage limitation today. Drink plenty of water, try to eat a little throughout the day <:)>
I want to be the best me I can be ...

Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Post by Lush4life » 04 Mar 2017 07:01

Morning QB, am saddened to hear after 6 yrs.
Sobriety you have fallen foul into addiction again , but well done for trying and reaching out again . Am thinking you probably need medical help with this and obviously you realise that , bit like teaching my grandma to suck eggs really .
Please get the help you need and deserve , keep posting when you feel you can <:)>
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Shadowlad
Last Drink Date: 28 Dec 2012

Post by Shadowlad » 04 Mar 2017 07:03

Hello QueenBee, welcome to the forum :)

Yes many of us here will recognise the vicious circle of drinking to quieten the awful morning after. It just seems to go on, like there is no way out.

I'm sorry you suffered with PND, which must have been very difficult for you. The 6 years sobriety previously is to be commended, this is a lifelong condition and staying on the abstinence road is the real challenge, as we all know. With help and support you can get back on it ;)?

Right now though you may need some medical intervention to stop drinking because of the large amount of wine that is being consumed. The safest advice is to seek some advice either from your GP or to ring NHS 111.

Do take care and i wish you well,

Nicky xx

Crossed posts with the others :)
Life is 10% what happens to us and 90% how we react to it.

Dennis P. Kimbro

Jamie*angel

Post by Jamie*angel » 06 Mar 2017 11:04

I drank all weekend long from the moment I got up. I feel like death along with the shame, awesome combo :| I need to stop this but can't seem to do it. No booze today and I'm going to ban it from the house. I want to be free.
Let's do this.

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 06 Mar 2017 11:12

Jamie*angel wrote:I drank all weekend long from the moment I got up. I feel like death along with the shame, awesome combo :| I need to stop this but can't seem to do it. No booze today and I'm going to ban it from the house. I want to be free.
Morning Jamie, am sorry you feel so rough today , am thinking GP help might be needed here , this is nothing to be ashamed of ,not everyone can do it on there own.
Also if possible support groups in RL would be useful when you can face it or even just a chat on the phone can lift the weight a little .
Take care , keep posting ;)?

Cookie1972

Post by Cookie1972 » 06 Mar 2017 14:13

Hi....well im new 44 male admitting i have a drink problem. I can go days without a drink and i never drink at home but wen i want one i go all out to get it. Its cost me my job an worst still my wife. It doesnt matter if theres an important event drink wil win if i get the chance and if it doesnt i will make the chance....sneaking out ect. It started wen i had a successful custody battle for my son against my ex and has since gotten steadily worse.....i cud go months without binging now its days an it doesnt help that work payed me off an im bord sitting on a potential booze fund. I want to take control of this but i seem to have my finger pressing the selfish switch. Im not violent or even agressive even wen drunk but im incosiderate stupid and selfish wen i am and im hurting those around me.

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 06 Mar 2017 16:20

Hello Cookie1972, and a warm welcome to Bright Eye :)

Firstly credit to you for admitting your alcohol problem and for your very honest post. It is half the battle to overcoming the problem when we don't blame others and accept responsibility for a problem that is ours and ours alone. You have picked up the reigns to take control by seeking help and i hope you find this forum useful. It has certainly helped me stay sober.
Have a good read around the forum and post where you feel comfortable. It might be a good idea to start on the 7 day challenge to give yourself a week free from alcohol whilst you work out what to do from there. People who wish to stay completely AF often carry on with the sobriety challenges to feel the benefit of abstinence, with lots of support and encouragement along the way.

Once again well done for recognising your alcohol problem,

I wish you well,

nicky xx

Dennis P. Kimbro

LBNS
Last Drink Date: 01 Feb 2020
First Sober Date: 02 Feb 2020

Post by LBNS » 06 Mar 2017 20:16

Hey Cookie1972 <:)>
It's a good place to be, here on B E.
Hope to see you on the 7 days thread (if that's what you want to do).
I'm on day 2 today.
You never regret NOT drinking the next morning.

ScarletB

Post by ScarletB » 07 Mar 2017 04:42

Welcome to those who are new to posting. Cheers to reaching out. If you stay connected, I promise you will become more self-aware and stronger. I cannot promise you will get sober. I am still facing that challenge myself, but since joining BE a few months ago, I am healthier physically and mentally, and I've had more and more sober days. You are in a safe and supportive place to start your journey to a better life.

Sarah12
Last Drink Date: 11 Jan 2016

Post by Sarah12 » 08 Mar 2017 18:03

QueenBee wrote:
Ok this is not good.

Are you out there QB. I have been thinking of you and your baby... how are you faring lovely?

A big welcome too to all those who have joined us recently... I hope we can help you find the road out of alcoholic misery.

X
The ONLY thing that stands in our way of sobriety, is ourselves.

Sala

Post by Sala » 09 Mar 2017 21:44

I managed 21 days alcohol free in January and since then it's all gone down hill.....I need to stop,cut down do something I feel horrible!!! I'm not sure where the will power came from earlier in the year but it went as quick as it came! I wake up every day feeling bad, having not slept well and determined, then it all goes out the window as the day goes on!!! I no I need support but I won't go to an AA group.....

Shadowlad

Post by Shadowlad » 09 Mar 2017 22:57

Hello Sala,

I must admit that this is much easier with support. We are all unique so what works for one person may not work for another. Some people find AA helpful and others don't for different reasons. Well done on managing to stay sober for most of January. If this feels overwhelming perhaps you could just shrink it all down to bite size pieces. Can you make a plan for tomorrow for instance and take it step by step ? Maybe joining the 7 day challenge may help where you will have the support of others in the same position. Whatever you decide there will be encouragement and support here to help you on your way to recovery.

I wish you well,

Nicky x

Dennis P. Kimbro

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee » 10 Mar 2017 06:41

Sarah12 wrote:
QueenBee wrote:
Ok this is not good.

Are you out there QB. I have been thinking of you and your baby... how are you faring lovely?

A big welcome too to all those who have joined us recently... I hope we can help you find the road out of alcoholic misery.

X
Hi.

Still here but still drinking too much. I know I need to stop but can't.

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 10 Mar 2017 06:49

QueenBee wrote:
Sarah12 wrote:
QueenBee wrote:
Ok this is not good.

X
Hi.

Still here but still drinking too much. I know I need to stop but can't.
Morning QB, can you get help from your GP ?
I could not have done this without that help, I had to fight for it but it made a big difference with my success so far.
Is there any local support for you , even a phone chat with someone is a good start.
Take care , Kim ;)?

Sarah12
Last Drink Date: 11 Jan 2016

Post by Sarah12 » 10 Mar 2017 12:19

QB....

How much are you drinking.

Have you asked for help in this?

X
The ONLY thing that stands in our way of sobriety, is ourselves.

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee » 13 Mar 2017 01:55

Hi all. I need support. I can't go to GP. Long story but alcohol abuse must not be noted. I'm drinking about 3 bottles of wine night. I think i need to cut down gradually before cutting out completely. What are you thoughts guys & gals? QB x

faith2be
Last Drink Date: 06 Nov 2018

Post by faith2be » 13 Mar 2017 05:14

QB <:)>
Well done coming back to BE!
Am rushing here but wanted to respond.
Yes gradual reduction is advisable. But wine tapers are very hard.
If you Google HAMS site or beer taper there is a very good article.
Or on BE - detoxing safely thread.

Low alcohol percent is easier to control. I tried to reduce with wine but it always ended in another binge..
Good luck and please stick around
Faith <:)>
Definition of recovery:
1) "a return to a normal state of health, mind, or strength"
2) "the action or process of regaining possession or control of something stolen or lost"

QueenBee

Post by QueenBee » 13 Mar 2017 12:05

faith2be wrote:QB <:)>
Well done coming back to BE!
Am rushing here but wanted to respond.
Yes gradual reduction is advisable. But wine tapers are very hard.
If you Google HAMS site or beer taper there is a very good article.
Or on BE - detoxing safely thread.

Low alcohol percent is easier to control. I tried to reduce with wine but it always ended in another binge..
Good luck and please stick around
Faith <:)>
Thank you Faith. Very interesting read. Will give it a try.
QB