Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

Weird Dreams

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Lush4life
Last Drink Date: 04 Jan 2015

Re: Weird Dreams

Post by Lush4life » 21 Jun 2018 07:34

Topcat wrote:Thanks Kim <:)> Great thing about drink dreams is that they reinforce the resolve never to drink again ;)?
They do and sometimes we need that don't we ?
Our weird, wonderful mind's working to help us
;)?
Sobriety is never owned ; it's rented
And rent is due Every day.

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat » 21 Jun 2018 07:52

Lush4life wrote:They do and sometimes we need that don't we ?
Our weird, wonderful mind's working to help us
Spot on ;)? <:)>
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Pork

Post by Pork » 01 Jun 2019 08:37

I have dreams of people being angry at me.
Recently they have always involved nights out/many people drinking. Mainly family being angry.

This being first hit on google-

Most Common Angry Dreams: ... Being scolded by someone else: If you dream of someone being angry at you, your sub-conscious mind is trying to make you realize of your guilt. Try to understand why the person was angry and find out that situation in your real life.

But say my dad for example.
He was one of the angry ones last night but he wants me to drink & i think misses me drinking.
None of the other family members are currently angry at me in real life so this statement does not make sense.
I have no guilt so why do I have these dreams where people are angry at me?

It’s been a long time since I upset anyone through drinking.

The dreams are frustrating as I never know what I’ve done wrong.

Last nights wasn’t just family angry but I was staying in some sort of apartment & was told some name of a guy a few apartments down was angry with me due to my drinking.
But I don’t recognise the name so look through phone find a message or two with that name but not bad.

Bit of a long post for the pig.
Just wondered if anyone else had dreams where people were angry at you.

Winkler
Last Drink Date: 06 Apr 2019

Post by Winkler » 01 Jun 2019 10:42

Been a while since I did dreams

Your dreams are actually about you and making sense of what’s going on for you right now, but not anything that you have to worry about

I know you recently had a reintroducing experiment.

Are the angry dreams about coming to terms with that? You’re actually feeling angry with yourself? Frustrated as you’re feeling overwhelmed sometimes and it’s hard and unfair? (You did and are doing so well giving up actually, I think?)

The 2 apartments thing is interesting. Buildings represent you. The guy in the other apartment who you don’t know that’s angry and you’re trying to find out about him and what you do know is that actually he’s not threatening? Is this an aspect of yourself that you’re trying to integrate? It sounds a temporary thing, as the place where you are staying in your dream, it’s not your home

I think this may be a you in transition and a work in progress phase, that it’s a bit overwhelming and uncomfortable right now
The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see - Winston Churchill

Pork

Post by Pork » 01 Jun 2019 11:25

Thanks winkler.
No the other guy wasn’t threatening I was just confused as I had no memory of him.
But that’s not uncommon with heavy drinkers to have memory blanks. I used to get them. Drank until I passed out.

My planned holiday drinking was good. Not going to lie. I enjoyed it.

But as I’ve said I know I’m a problem drinker & although I moderated to an extent that week I most certainly intended to stop again.

Four weeks tomorrow. Feel good just thought I’d pen the dream while fresh.

Thanks for feedback. Very good. 👍😎

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 05 Dec 2019 13:35

I had a very long lay-in, this morning, which was broken only by my wife's return to the house. Prior to that, this is what I was dreaming. It has nothing to do with alcohol, and I'm writing it down only because it's one of those weird dreams that I can't make any sense of whatsoever...

My wife and I and our two children have recently moved to a large house in the countryside. I'm in the kitchen when our local MP arrives. I'm pleased to see him and assume he's canvassing for our vote (which, in reality, he'll be getting). But no, he's here to fix our upstairs plumbing. While he does so, a school friend arrives and sits at the kitchen table. I haven't seen Eddie for over twenty years. I liked him but he was always a bit scary. I want to ask him how he's been but he stops me and insists on telling me a 'joke':

"How do you prove a cat's guilt?"
"I don't know," I reply.
"The proof is always in the cheese."

He delivers this punchline very earnestly, as though it is of grave significance to me. I burst out laughing. My wife asks me what's funny. I can't tell her, but in the dream I somehow understand the 'joke'.

Our MP finishes his work and I go upstairs (reached by a ladder through a hole in the kitchen ceiling) to tidy up. Son is playing electric guitar in his room (he doesn't have an electric guitar). I go to the bathroom which is very long. Once inside I realise that the lock is coin-operated. I need 10p before I can lock the door but scattered around the floor are only lots of five pence pieces - useless to me!

And that's when Mrs JJ called into the bedroom and woke me up. Weird! :roll:
'Have another drink,' said Trillian, 'enjoy yourself.'
'Which?' said Arthur. 'The two are mutually exclusive.'

Topcat
Last Drink Date: 08 May 2011

Post by Topcat » 05 Dec 2019 14:19

That one sure is weird Mark :?
#5 on the 2020 Challenge
Today is our most precious possession.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 05 Dec 2019 14:35

It sure was, TC - and I've got a weird feeling I would never have remembered it had I carried on sleeping and not been woken up at that point. It's funny what goes on in our minds, isn't it? :shock:

JohnC
First Sober Date: 23 Jul 2016

Post by JohnC » 05 Dec 2019 14:59

Yes Mark, And they seem so incredibly factual while you're acting out the dream, and if you're like me, when you wake with the dream still very much alive and fresh in your mind, I momentarily believe the reality of the dream moreso than the world that I'm waking up into. 😴😴😴
The further away from the last drink we travel the easier it becomes

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 05 Dec 2019 15:26

Very true, John! ;)?

Bluebottle
Last Drink Date: 13 Apr 2018

Post by Bluebottle » 07 Dec 2019 00:18

I think the best option is serious therapy jjjj. :D

I have the weirdest dreams sometimes, often about huge houses I'm doing up which I've bought from my sister and are falling apart.

My dreams rarely stay in the same location/topic and sometimes I can fly. :D

Ruby xx

PS sweet dreams
When life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
352/12 days - sober/drinking (14 April 2018 - 13 April 2019)
307/59 days - 2019/2020

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 07 Dec 2019 07:55

Ruby your houses that are falling apart but that you are doing up represent how you feel about yourself. Your sister is clearly very important to you, if it weren’t for her - she’s the reason you’re here and so on.

Mark, I think I might have an idea of some of the elements of your dream although when I first read it a couple of days ago I couldn’t make head nor tail!
So from some of your posts I’ve picked up that your faith is important to you. So due to the importance of the coming election to you (maybe?) your MP represents God in your life, sorting out your ‘upstairs plumbing’ ie your head. Your head being represented by the upstairs in your house, the highest part of you. God is working on that, for you.

Your old school friend in the kitchen I think represents your past in the time before you met your wife, which is why she cannot understand the joke. Your past is a joke, you can understand the shame of it (is it your drinking?) is it you being the guilty ‘cat’ . Are you the ‘cat’ as in a cool dude in your lifestyle back then. The punchline of it being ‘cheese’ that you find funny shows, I think, that you have come to terms with and are relaxed about your past. as it’s there, it can’t be changed. But when things are ‘cheese’ they’re also, well, cheesy. Your wife just can’t understand or relate to something about you that she thinks (you feel) is cheesy?

So your son playing guitar as you go through the ladder upstairs makes me think of ‘stairway to heaven’. The fact it’s your son is relating to your immortality in some way, that you will go on through him. I think the toilet and what you do there - sh*t 😆- represents your death and the afterlife. The bathroom is long, so it’s a long way away and you don’t have the right coins, in fact the spent coins on the floor are half the value, so you feel you’ve had lots of experience in your life due to the number of coins but are only about half way through as you need twice as much to get there. Interesting you say the coins are ‘useless’ . Are you feeling that way about yourself atm?

So I think it’s about a taking stock of your life kind of dream , where you are right now and your relationship. Maybe it’s the uncertainty of the upcoming election that’s sparked it off or maybe there’s other stuff going in for you that might have triggered it?
The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see - Winston Churchill

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 19 Dec 2019 07:47

I was in my house ( I think )
Walked along the hall saw a huge rat gnawing at a cardboard box, it looked me clean in the eyes, chased and bit me, but it never broke the skin?
In trying to get back to safety , somewhere in this house I had to go underground but bit by bit floors, ceilings were rapidly being boarded up, I had to climb over many piles of wood, obstacles in my way
eventually I found a gap downstairs had to lower myself deep into a dark, dark hole where eventually I would find a room, but once in that room the boarding up was still occurring, floorboards being laid so there were smaller and smaller gaps, having got to safety in this room, could I ever get out?
Was like a feeling of falling into a pond covered with ice then trying to find the hole to get out.
Disturbing, odd dream.

Wilson
Last Drink Date: 24 Nov 2019

Post by Wilson » 19 Dec 2019 07:59

Lush4life wrote:
19 Dec 2019 07:47
I was in my house ( I think )
Walked along the hall saw a huge rat gnawing at a cardboard box, it looked me clean in the eyes, chased and bit me, but it never broke the skin?
In trying to get back to safety , somewhere in this house I had to go underground but bit by bit floors, ceilings were rapidly being boarded up, I had to climb over many piles of wood, obstacles in my way
eventually I found a gap downstairs had to lower myself deep into a dark, dark hole where eventually I would find a room, but once in that room the boarding up was still occurring, floorboards being laid so there were smaller and smaller gaps, having got to safety in this room, could I ever get out?
Was like a feeling of falling into a pond covered with ice then trying to find the hole to get out.
Disturbing, odd dream.
5BA541AD-F9DE-451E-941F-3B0CA5531F89.jpeg
5BA541AD-F9DE-451E-941F-3B0CA5531F89.jpeg (125.01 KiB) Viewed 462 times

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 19 Dec 2019 23:19

Look at that big ole rat hehe!

So, lushie, I think the rat is your ex - literally a big rat!. Is that empty box he’s chewing/breaking down the empty marriage?
He’s chasing you (is he, literally?) so you feel scared and you’re retreating, he got you (bit you) but he’s not broken you (not broken your skin).

So you’re retreating and trying to escape but obstacles keep being put in your way. You’re back into the essential ‘you’ where you’re alone and protecting yourself but not sure if you’ll make it out again

I think this is about you reflecting on recent events and feeling a little powerless and trapped maybe, unsure of the way out of your situation just now? I think sometimes events happen but our psyche takes a little time to adjust, and maybe that’s what’s happening with you right now.

I imagine Xmas approaching doesn’t help! Xx

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 20 Dec 2019 06:20

Winkler wrote:
19 Dec 2019 23:19
Look at that big ole rat hehe!

So, lushie, I think the rat is your ex - literally a big rat!. Is that empty box he’s chewing/breaking down the empty marriage?
He’s chasing you (is he, literally?) so you feel scared and you’re retreating, he got you (bit you) but he’s not broken you (not broken your skin).

So you’re retreating and trying to escape but obstacles keep being put in your way. You’re back into the essential ‘you’ where you’re alone and protecting yourself but not sure if you’ll make it out again

I think this is about you reflecting on recent events and feeling a little powerless and trapped maybe, unsure of the way out of your situation just now? I think sometimes events happen but our psyche takes a little time to adjust, and maybe that’s what’s happening with you right now.

I imagine Xmas approaching doesn’t help! Xx
Morning Winkler 😀
Your theories are interesting for sure 😎
Well the rat can't be my Ex cos am with my one and only , but, but turbulent times we certainly been going through and currently we are trying very hard to make things work.
I do think/ know in troubled times my dreams are always more active, random and just plain weird, but I like , if I can, to try and make sense of them, give me some perspective if you like, so thanks for your thoughts on this , and yes BTW the box was empty.
Hope you are well this morning, happy Christmas to all \:)/

Winkler

Post by Winkler » 20 Dec 2019 06:40

Apologies for calling your one and only a big rat then Lushie!
But I expect u still feel like that about him at times - I should think we all do from time to time about our DH :roll: haha
Hope the silly season is not too stressful for u -it will all be over in a couple of weeks :D <:)>

Wilson
Last Drink Date: 24 Nov 2019

Post by Wilson » 20 Dec 2019 06:47

The rats name is Roland.
First rat I ever caught 👍😎

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 20 Dec 2019 07:01

Winkler wrote:
20 Dec 2019 06:40
Apologies for calling your one and only a big rat then Lushie!
But I expect u still feel like that about him at times - I should think we all do from time to time about our DH :roll: haha
Hope the silly season is not too stressful for u -it will all be over in a couple of weeks :D <:)>
No apology needed my friend (trust me, I've called him Much worse :lol2: )
Your thoughts were interesting and not so wide of the mark at points ;)?

Lush4life

Post by Lush4life » 20 Dec 2019 07:05

Wilson wrote:
20 Dec 2019 06:47
The rats name is Roland.
First rat I ever caught 👍😎
As for you, you little sod ;)
Good morning and happy Christmas, hope you taking care of Wilson <:)>