Online Alcohol Therapy |  Do you need professional help? |  Alcoholism & Recovery Articles |  Self Help Resources

The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
Mark.

Re: The To Do List

Post by Mark. » 29 Oct 2019 08:09

To do:
1) Rise and get coffee (that reminds me... Last night, I had a mug of Horlicks before bed for the first time in decades. Slept incredibly well, except for a short dream about being chased through a wood by a very angry/hungry stoat or weasel. I doubt that had anything to do with the Horlicks, though)
2) Work on revisions to short story (it's loosely a horror. Maybe I should add an angry/hungry stoat/weasel?)
3) Practise songs for the weekend
4) Dust living room and bedroom
5) See diary for minor admin tasks
6) If time, pack
7) Shower and shave
8) Dinner in town with our children, BIL and nephew
9) Horlicks, bed, and dreams about more pleasant things than angry/hungry stoat/weasels (hopefully)

Have a good day, everyone \:)/
"Addiction doesn’t go away when we stop drinking." ~ Tai

Action

Post by Action » 29 Oct 2019 13:24

Don't worry Jx4 ... I caught him! You are safe! :lol2:
IMG_20191029_131701.jpg
IMG_20191029_131701.jpg (135.76 KiB) Viewed 493 times
#38 on 2020 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 29 Oct 2019 13:47

:lol: :lol: (::)

Ha ha! Thanks, Action ;)? <:)>

aj

Post by aj » 29 Oct 2019 19:36

Hahaha very funny 😄

Horlicks and Ovaltine always remind me of my student nurse days when we’d go down the ward with the last drinks of the night on a big trolley, in the days when you actually boiled the milk and made the drinks. It always gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, that and knowing the shift was coming to an end. Those were the days 😉

Have to say though I much prefer Ovaltine.

Jjjj can you come clean my house, you must have the cleanest house in Scotland 🏠

<:)> to all.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 30 Oct 2019 07:26

aj wrote:
29 Oct 2019 19:36
Horlicks and Ovaltine always remind me of my student nurse days when we’d go down the ward with the last drinks of the night on a big trolley, in the days when you actually boiled the milk and made the drinks. It always gave me a warm fuzzy feeling, that and knowing the shift was coming to an end. Those were the days
I like that a lot, AJ ;)?
aj wrote:
29 Oct 2019 19:36
Jjjj can you come clean my house, you must have the cleanest house in Scotland
:lol: (::) I seem to be cleaning a lot at the moment, it's true. But that's only because of the state it had got into. I'm just trying to pull it around again.

To Do:
Work, then sleep
That is all

Have a good day, all \:)/

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel » 30 Oct 2019 08:32

Maybe I should try a malted drink to help with insomnia. I am afraid I have been hitting the Nytol a lot lately. I just can't seem to shift this intense anxiety.

I had a writing meeting last night. I have another one with a different group tomorrow. Same story. I've not submitted the same story before twice in one week, and clearly not a good idea as no time to make and changes before next meeting. Will not do it again. The chances of me having two new stories at any point is slim (although I almost do at the moment, actually) but then then the two meetings don't usually occur in the same week.

Just nipped out to put jackets on artichoke plants. Not sure they need it yet? They survived frost - chilli pepper plants' leaves have all shrivelled as a result of it (brought them inside. May survive.) One of the artichoke plants had a tomato plant growing with it in it's pot... they need weeding and potting on.

to do
confirm hotel booking in France \/
double check I have cat sitters this weekend \/
pay cat sitters
empty dishwasher tick
go to work
work hard
lunch out with friend tick. Very nice.
more work
possibly quickly pack stuff for OH to take up with him to his mother's tonight so I have less to carry on Friday. But possibly not. It will need some careful thought to avoid forgetting things and there won't be much time.
ring mother (as per usual)
eat
genealogy/tv
bed

I hope everyone has a good day
Last edited by Rachel on 30 Oct 2019 16:02, edited 3 times in total.
Rachel

Action

Post by Action » 30 Oct 2019 09:24

Morning Everyone.

Well, it’s not raining so that’s a good thing. Finally committed to put my heating on properly last night after trying to resist until 1st Nov. I’ve just been sticking on boost for the odd hour. It was nice to be able to wake up to a warm house. Problem is I’m all over the place with hot flushes at the moment so it fleece off, fleece on, covers off, covers on, fan off, fan on - going from boiling point to freezing in seconds. Ridiculous darling!

Rachel, I’ve got so much to do in the garden, I keep putting it off! I started a little landscaping project about three weeks ago but I think it’s going to remain unfinished until next spring. :oops:

To Do List
Walk WOOF (usually out for two hours)
Tidy Kitchen
Lunch
Start sculpture project (present for couple getting married soon)
Might take woof out again if I have the energy
Prep dinner
Shower
Dinner
TV
Bed

I Recently got a book out from the library so only just started it. I’m not sure if I am going to get into it. :|
Might have to return it and get something else out. It’s called The Familiars. Has anyone read it?
#38 on 2020 Challenge
Take a new grip with your tired hands and stand firm on your shaky legs. Mark out a straight path for your feet.

aj

Post by aj » 30 Oct 2019 09:35

<:)> Rachel.

To do:

Wait for delivery of a stove type electric fire, I’m hoping it’s going to finish off the room and be the last item on my list of things to finish off the house (::) \/

Take doggy for a long walk, listen to a lecture on revenge tragedy
Start assignment
Pilates a new beginners class is starting just down my road(very handy). Never done it before so it will be interesting
Typically I am also out for an 80 year olds birthday meal

It’s a long time since I’ve been out after 7pm 😉

Ok so fire has been delivered so I shall get dressed and head out with 🐕 (not that he looks anything like that) more like this 🐻.

Have a good one all.

:\: Action crossed paths. Are you an artist perhaps 🤔😉

Action

Post by Action » 30 Oct 2019 13:12

Excellent news on the fire Aj ... how lovely to be able to say "the house is complete". I have so much more to do in mine and I've been in my house for over 8 years. :oops: I guess that I'd like to say yes to your question ... art is my main preoccupation, although my path has been complicated and I'm still a work in progress! :)
Last edited by Action on 30 Oct 2019 21:32, edited 1 time in total.
#38 on 2020 Challenge

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 30 Oct 2019 16:46

Afternoon!
Rachel wrote:
30 Oct 2019 08:32
Maybe I should try a malted drink to help with insomnia. I am afraid I have been hitting the Nytol a lot lately. I just can't seem to shift this intense anxiety.
It would definitely be worth trying, Rachel <:)>
Action wrote:
30 Oct 2019 09:24
Start sculpture project (present for couple getting married soon)
That sounds exciting, Action - I hope it goes well! I read on the Road to Abstinence about your plan to write. I liked Trojan's advice very much too, and I hope you find time for it ;)?
aj wrote:
30 Oct 2019 09:35
Wait for delivery of a stove type electric fire
This too sounds exciting, AJ - enjoy it, and also the birthday party ;)?

Writing quickly and briefly as I'm on my last break at work. Off on holiday tomorrow so I'm not sure I'll be replying much again until Wednesday.

To do:
1) Finish shift
2) Home, tea, bath, bed
3) \/ Wish you all a good and productive week
\:)/ <:)>

Action

Post by Action » 30 Oct 2019 21:34

Writing quickly and briefly as I'm on my last break at work. Off on holiday tomorrow so I'm not sure I'll be replying much
Have a great holiday Jx4! ;)?

Started my sculpture ... and ticked everything off my list today so that’s great. \:)/
#38 on 2020 Challenge

aj

Post by aj » 30 Oct 2019 22:32

Well done Action 😎 And happy hols Jjjj hope it’s nice and relaxing 😌

I managed all of my list bar assignment although did some study. So good enough.

Night night.

Mark.

Post by Mark. » 31 Oct 2019 07:43

Thanks, you two <:)> And I'm glad you both had good days ;)? <:)>

Rachel, best wishes for your visit to OH's mother <:)>

To do:
Toast and Marmite, and coffee
Finish packing
Leave

Have a great week, all \:)/

aj

Post by aj » 31 Oct 2019 07:55

\:)/ to all.

Pilates looks like it might be good, it was packed out. A local girls first session teaching it, so a lot of her mums friends there, blasts from the past for me 😉. One of the main things I took away from last night was the saying on a poster on the wall in front of me ‘Inhale the future, exhale the past’. I liked that, I’m sure I will have seen it hundreds of times before but being faced with it really resonated with me. That and being aware of my breathing for all the right reasons instead of the panic led ones, no wonder people like yoga.

I took myself off Facebook last evening or rather I snoozed the only three pages I am on, I don’t do the friends thing but still I have days when I spend hours and hours trawling through the same messages over and over, I don’t even comment so it’s so futile, and yet I cannot remove myself from Facebook altogether. I guess it’s a way of connecting with people on those days when you’re feeling a little alone, or.......

Procrastinating....

Or both.

To do:
Work

That is all.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 31 Oct 2019 08:38

The pilates sounds good, AJ.

I mainly use FB for genealogy. I have a lot of old school 'friends' on there but hey have gone curiously quiet since their kids went to uni... unless they can entice them to go on a luxury holiday with them. (I am being a bit nasty, but that's how it looks.) That said I do put my holiday photos on there. They are not photos of palm trees and luxurious beaches - more likely to be street art and curious buildings - but maybe they think similar of me. Dunno.
It's one way to send birthday greeting to people who you are not close enough (by a long, long chalk) you wouldn't send a card to or phone. Do as you would be done by... etc.

Hope you have a great holiday, Jjj and that you get nice sunny, clear crisp autumn weather (I think you said you were going further north?)

Your sculpture sounds intriguing, Action.

Today for me:
work - bah. Poor concentration.
wrap up small present and write very bleated card for colleague/manager (who started work at the office after me, but rose up... so curious relationship. We used to be friends when 'equals'. Now it's less clear.)
post office - pack up and return dress I bought to wear to a wedding :( It doesn't fit, not as in too big or too small, but just doesn't fit.
eek and go to Argos to pick up external hard drive
writing group (would rather not)
recycling \/ (change cat litter before work tomorrow.)
maybe tidy kitchen a little, or at least wipe down surfaces
write note for cat sitters/feeders

A bit too much to be done today and a late night too :(

At least, I sent stuff up for MIL trip with OH last night, so just need to gather together one or two things. I might as well take my camera...

I hope everyone has a good day.
Last edited by Rachel on 31 Oct 2019 11:49, edited 1 time in total.
Rachel

Action

Post by Action » 31 Oct 2019 09:05

Morning All,

That’s a great quote Aj... short but effective. Short enough to remember in my case. :lol2:

Crikey Rachel, you have a busy day ahead. I’ve a wedding to go to next month and need to find an outfit ... dreading it. I hate clothes shopping at the best of times. Do you like your MIL? I don’t have one but I can imagine my BIL struggles to cope with my mother!

Facebook - such a strange thing. I rarely use it these days, dip in and out and I don’t miss it to be fair. It’s generally the same old type of posts from my friends, although I do find the group pages interesting and helpful sometimes too.

Safe journeys Jx4

To Do
Walk woof
Get fuel
Pop to Chemist
Washing
Lunch
Sculpture (got some polymer clay coming today)
Walk woof (if its not raining)
Prep Dins (tuna fish cakes tonight)
Shower
Dins
TV
Bed

Getting into book now ;)?
#38 on 2020 Challenge

aj

Post by aj » 01 Nov 2019 08:22

Looks like you both had busy days yesterday. I assume you’re coming up our end Rachel if so I hope you can relax a little, get out on some walks, plenty of opportunity for photo taking if the weather plays fair 🤔

I have been thinking about getting a phone which I can send photos etc to the kids via Snapchat etc. I have no idea about phones, I have a pay as you go and rarely use it, but quite often when I’m out and about I’ll see something and think I wish I could capture that, for all my moaning and uncertainty I do live in a very beautiful area and the views are often stunning. I’m similar in that if I take a photo it will be of a detail.

Action your mention of clay reminds me of a woman that comes into where I work, often when the clay face masks are on a two for one offer she’ll buy a box, we wondered why so many? Turns out she uses them for modelling/sculpting.

To do:
Work-it’s not been a bad week really
Mum’s birthday-need to find a card and decide whether to spend the evening with her-we are out for a meal tomorrow
Plan assignment 😞

Have a good day everyone.

Rachel

Post by Rachel » 01 Nov 2019 11:08

Morning.

I didn't get through everything on yesterday's list. Turns out Argos only holds your reserved item for 24 hours and I missed it. Boden item didn't seem to have free returns label, so I contacted them and they said they'd send me one (I think) so delayed that. Writing meeting went ok. Went for a drink after. I think they think I am a little odd for not drinking alcohol. Clearly it's not occurred to them... :D

Off to MIL's this evening. Do I like her? Hmm. She effectively, if unintentionally gaslights me my interpreting everything I say as either negative or boasting. I end up feeling like a rotten person after a few hours with her, and unsure of myself. It's not hard to undermine my sense of self. She pushes my buttons so hard that I had to not see her in my first year of sobriety because it would have been a massive trigger.

I've not been up there now for about 3 years (although I have seen her) which I know is very bad of me, but this has partly been because husband was in Germany, and this year when unemployed he went up there mid week. So come uppance time, and it's not going to be an easy weekend. I just hope I get some sleep. And now on top of this, my mother has emotionally blackmailed me into going up to hers next weekend. (She wants me to travel 200 miles up north to get some cash out for her because she doesn't like to give cheques to her cleaner and gardener, and she says (effectively) that her need for cash is more important than me.) I was scheduled to go the weekend after.) I am not sure how I am going to survive, or at least, not get ill and be able to do my job (imminent deadline and I am behind) with effectively no rest for three weeks. (I never recharge enough during the working week.) I was also counting on next weekend for wedding guest dress shopping.

Anyway.

today, to do
work
lunch
work
train up north. (I hope I can get out, AJ, but no walks in the offing. MIL had a hip replacement last weekend. If we escape it will be to do her some shopping. I have my camera, though, just in case.)

I hope your assignment gets off to a good start AJ.

What you reading, Action?

I hope everyone has a good day.
Rachel

Action

Post by Action » 01 Nov 2019 13:11

Afternoon AJ and Rachel,

Rachel, sounds as though you have your hands/head full with Mothers! Is your husband able to cope with his mother, or put in her place, or does he play it safe to humour her? If she is recovering from a hip op that might give you the opportunity to get out, without her - maybe send hubby to do food shop for MIL and you squeeze in some wedding outfit shopping. :)

Thinking outside the box (re your mother) perhaps for another time, is there anyone near her that you can trust? It sounds as though she is housebound...? I was just wondering if you were able to access her account, transfer some money to a neighbour who can then take the money to her? I know that involves a lot of trust. Do you have Power of Attorney. Perhaps you could even transfer the cleaners and gardeners money into their accounts from hers or are they cash only?

Hope the visit goes well and the travelling goes smoothly. Wrap up warm.

Aj, I use WhatsApp on my smart phone. With snapchat the photos disappear after a short time but on WhatsApp the conversation threads stay until you delete them. Basically, you take the photo, then find it in your Gallery (on the phone) select the option to share it (it will then suggest Facebook, WhatsApp, or other options) select WhatsApp and then the person you want to send it too, type a message and send. You will probably need to install WhatsApp, which is very uncomplicated.

Done
Walked woof
Put washing on
Had lunch
Caught up with a bit of admin

To Do
Turn heating On! brrr
Sort out airing cupboard
Continue with Sculpture
Quick rest (overtired after busy day yesterday)
Prep dinner
Shower
Dinner
Relax
Bed :D

I decided to stick with the book from the library "The Familiars" Rachel.
#38 on 2020 Challenge

aj

Post by aj » 01 Nov 2019 21:11

Oh Rachel you poor thing, absolutely totally agree with Action regards MiL, seems to me you are guilt tripped into everything by everyone. I know exactly how you feel, this was me. Thank god you looked after yourself to find your sobriety and that you put yourself first.

Get yourself out, breathe the lovely welsh air and give yourself some space <:)>

Ps...go to Chester and find a dress 😉