The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
aj

Re: The To Do List

Post by aj »

To do:
Work
Do not have to come home lunchtime
Read/notes/read
Home
Dog walk
Mum for tea

Assignment and what to make for tea woke me up at 5.30am. I mailed my tutor Sunday asking her to explain something to me that’s probably very simple but I just don’t get. She mailed me back with a link to an excerpt in a book that I had already read and didn’t understand 😞.

So, if anyone can explain Formal/thematic patterning and repetitive designation to me I’d be very grateful 😂

And yes I do wonder how I have managed to get this far. I was amazed when someone said they had gone through their whole degree thus far, having never read one book but using Spark Notes...how?

Have a good one everybody.

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

Maybe you should check out Spark Notes (whatever they are)?
be selfish in your sobriety.

aj

Post by aj »

Probably because I’ve spent 5+ years and thousands of pounds doing it, I want to feel like the effort pain and torture was/is worth it.😉 And to be honest if I hadn’t been a drinker for the first three years I wouldn’t be struggling so hard now to try and end with a good classification.😞

To do today:
Work \/
Dog walk \/
Essay
C25k 8/3 \/
Should go to Pilates..but...
Essay
Bed

Jjjj, John, Pickles, Action <:)> <:)> hope you are all well.
Last edited by aj on 12 Feb 2020 20:10, edited 1 time in total.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Good for you aj. I dropped out of OU after a couple of years.

Done
Walked dog. Glorious sunshine bouncing off a calm sea.
Quick Lidl shop.
Fed animaux and myself.

To do
30 minutes gardening.
Then out to lunch. This involves a bus, a ferry and a train. Repeat in reverse to get home.

Have a good day y'all

Luna_
Last Drink Date: 18 Apr 2019

Post by Luna_ »

Hi all.
The only thing I'm doing is keeping sober,feeding kids (or getting them to cook which involves a LOT of dirty dishes) and doing the bare essentials like sweeping the worst off the floors and doing at least some of the dishes that dont go in the machine.

I had what I hope is my last flirt with alcohol in connection with new years and I just am not going to entertain it any more. So long term prospects, not just these "sober stretches). Had a very nasty experience in a shop changing room - you know, bright lights and all-round mirrors - coupled with slightly too tight trousers and sports-bra. Say no more. I fled in terror. :o

I WILL lose the weight and I will get fit (after my planned surgery). And alcohol just doesnt fit in the picture. Self care does.

Done:
Work
Eat (daughters yummy spag bol)
Write a proper paper letter to a friend
Get new contact lenses so I can see things (will need reading glasses though, sigh..)

Next - bed and book.

Danny,Rachel,AJ Hi! :\:
I still have Faith, but right now I'm reaching for the moon.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Hi Luna

I have to admit, I try to avoid changing rooms and all the mirrors. I have one mirror in my house, by the front door, just to give an all over check before I leave the house.

I had a situation over the new year, with which I struggled to cope. Alcohol got me through, but I haven't had a drink for a few weeks now, and feel better for it.

I've had a lovely day, involving the ferry, train ride and lunch. I was soooo full I nearly rolled home like a barrel. The sun has been so nice.

To do

Early night I think. Back to work tomorrow. And my manager wants a back to work chat after I've been off sick for a fortnight. So not looking forward to that....

G'night.

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles »

Morning to doers . Danny hope the talk goes ok .

Hi Luna .

Tree man meant to be coming this morning,but the weather has turned again so he may not . Daughter didn’t get off to a good start ,then who does so early in the morning. Of course she’s been dressing herself for a long time now ,but going to school in summer wear ! I did tell her but she wasn’t listening....music already in her ears . Ah ,teenagers ;)?

She does have a coat though .

Other to dos, Hoover, appointments , try to take dogs out , that’s it for the moment.

Rachel,aj :\: .....jj,Action,John .
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

pickles

Post by pickles »

81089F47-8DA7-4346-A480-36FAFFC22767.jpeg
81089F47-8DA7-4346-A480-36FAFFC22767.jpeg (76.82 KiB) Viewed 1120 times

aj

Post by aj »

😂.

Pickles I can just imagine your daughter, having been there so many times. But yes, at least she has her coat, that’s something 😉.

Hi Luna nice to meet you, your ‘to do’ is the most important one of all, nothing else matters compared to that <:)>

To do:
Work
Home 🐻
Work
Read
Home
Doggy
Mums for tea

<:)> to all.
Last edited by aj on 13 Feb 2020 22:33, edited 1 time in total.

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel »

Morning. I hope they talk went ok, Danny.

Luna, I try not to look at myself below the neck in mirrors anywhere. I don't think this is a good thing. I keep telling myself that I have never been happy with my body - always thought it was too fat even when I was probably underweight, and doubtless it's only going to get worse, so I should try appreciate what I have got. N.B. his is not a lecture at you, but at me. Meanwhile, I do need to lose weight too. I have been eating like I want to gain weight lately, and I daren't weigh myself. I have been contemplating a sugar fast, but I think that is partly leading to the daily pudding, biscuit/chocolate consumption. I am doing the old alcoholic always finding a reason not to give up... yet, and meanwhile consuming more than usual. Maybe I should just go on a calorie control diet :( But that way lies OCD behaviour.
I blame my mother for some of this :) She has always been obsessed with her appearance and still worries about being 'fat' at a chair-ridden almost-92.
Her two biggest compliments are to say I look slim (or slightly less complimentary - that dress makes you look slim) or so and so is very clever.

I am not feeling very positive about things at the moment. Very down, anxious and tearful. No hormones anymore to blame. I am not sure if the corona virus and terrorist stuff are contributing to this, or if my mild depression is making these things feel more frightening than they need to. They are justifiable sources of anxiety, but if you live in and travel daily by public transport into a huge multinational, major tourist attraction, city you can't really afford to dwell on such things.

to do
work
maybe lunch out with writing, but not sure where to go. The go-to place has clearly burnt itself out with Veganuary junk food offerings and it's only vegetarian option is now a vegan burger :?
I am supposed to be going to some strange talk on mermaids. I fear it may turn out to be a bit of a new aged bo**ocks thing, but friend wants to go. It's vaguely related to work. I would rather just go home after work and do genealogy at the moment. I am very tired all the time.
try and be a bit more positive? I am not sure if I have the energy...

Sorry for emanating waves of negativity. I hope everyone else has a much more positive and cheerful day.
Rachel

Rachel
Last Drink Date: 20 Jul 2012

Post by Rachel »

AJ <:)> I hope your mother will be ok today.
Rachel

aj

Post by aj »

<:)> Rachel <:)>

pickles

Post by pickles »

aj <:)> ,hope you and your mum are ok today ,sister too . Anniversaries are something aren’t they . I usually plan a busy day when it’s the anniversary of my brother and father . My brother ‘s anniversary is on OH’s birthday . That was very difficult in the beginning,but now it’s calmed . My father’s is on my brother ‘s birthday. January is usually a long month anyway .

Anyway Happy Valentine Day ❤️..... I packed a little something from daughter and me, we’ll say it’s from the dogs . 2 cards for OH too, I wonder who they are from 🧐.

Rachel I hope today is better and you can look forward to the weekend.

Danny, John ,action,jj, Luna :\:

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Morning

AJ I hope your mother and sister had a good day.

Pickles I hope the cards for your OH are from the dogs. My husband used to have his own business. We appointed a secretary. Within the first week she was tidying his desk, and handed me some Valentine cards "did you want them back?" "Why? They're not from me." We're (secretary and me) are now planning holidays together. Husband? Is now an ex, and I guess regrets 'things' he did. Sent me a Valentine card this year. Much, MUCH too late.

To do
Walk dog.
Make a succession of booking telephone calls, for instance garage for a service.
Meet up with girl friend to book a holiday (see above!). We had planned to go to China .....
May work an (extra) shift this evening. It was thrown out late last night. I replied, but no one has come back to me. Yet.

Have a good day y'all

aj

Post by aj »

They had a lovely day, I think Mum especially enjoyed it because my sister had planned it, afternoon tea etc. Hopefully this may be a sign of things to come. In this case it may ‘never be too late’ .
I don’t know how you cope with your ex Danny and his ploys to win you back, it must be quite satisfying in a way😉 or extremely annoying.

To do :
Work \/
Doggy \/
Work \/
C25k 9/1 \:)/
Essay start❎
Bed

Last edited by aj on 14 Feb 2020 19:17, edited 1 time in total.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Aj. Absolutely right. I always knew I could get him back if I wanted, it's quite satisfying to be proved right, however. I listen to him DRONE on, and think how boring he is. In the old married days, I felt I was the failure because I wasn't interesting enough. When he left, I thought my life was over, because what fun was there without him to provide the excitement? And now.

I spent a meal with a work colleague yesterday. She lives on her own (like me). She talked non stop, mostly gossip I'd heard (from her) several times. I wonder if I have a low thresh hold for boredom. And I didn't much enjoy the food. Learning curve.

aj

Post by aj »

Danny you could be describing exactly how. I always felt, although my ex was neither exciting or tried to win me back. And despite never wanting him back I too didn’t know what to do with myself, I felt displaced. I have likened it to grief because that’s how I imagined it felt. Even now I struggle to be in the same room as him, I have never cared less about the ‘other’ woman just the lies and the deceit, I have always had a problem with those two and have always tried to live my life as truthfully as I can and to find out a big chunk of your life was a lie is quite hard to deal with sometimes.
But just like you I am definitely living my best life now 😁

To do:
Work...Spanish pharmacist day
Walk dog
START 🤬 ESSAY
Mums for tea
Bed

Hope everyone is OK,Jjjj, John :\: Pickles \:)/

Rachel <:)>

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Au <:)> You know what they say. A woman, without a man, is like a fish without a bycicle.

I picked up an extra shift yesterday (show how willing I am after a lengthy back-to-work chat). Only to have the same manager haul me out with some paperwork for some work provided telephone counselling. I talk a load of rubbish. She's taken me seriously.

To do
Walk dog.
Leave early for work. Football kicks off at 12.30, and I have to be beyond the football for 12.45 work start. Joy.
Finish work and home for the evening. Bliss.

Have a good day y'all. Except aj, who is going to knuckle down and plan her essay, break for a snack, then start writing.

aj

Post by aj »

To do:

What Danny said ⬆️

C25k 9/2

Walk doggy.

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Morning

Hope the essay is all done then aj

Done
Church

To do
I'm cooking gammon steaks, sweet potato mash and white cabbage.
Light the fire in the front room
Collapse over the crochet
Plumber coming to estimate for me
Church for evensong.