The To Do List

Specific emotional or mental health problems, like anxiety, depression, insomnia, confidence etc. Along with bodily health, exercise, nutrition.
aj

Re: The To Do List

Post by aj »

To do:
Work half-day \/
Walk doggy \/
Hunker down over laptop until I.... \/
Run (plod) for 30 mins \/
Shower/tea \/
Hunker down over laptop until....
Bedtime.

I’m having that usual conversation with Mum around about this time..
‘Tea tomorrow’?
‘I have an essay to write’
‘I thought it was supposed to have been in on Thursday, and you had a few days extra’?
‘I did’
‘Well you’ve had a couple now’
Gritting teeth ‘I’ve been at work all day and I’ve been sat here with you all evening’
‘Oh yes, Tea on Sunday then’
‘I can’t I’ve an essay to write’

<:)> to all.

aj

Post by aj »

To do:
Walk doggy
Go out for breakfast with Mum - I think that’s what’s called a compromise 😉
Hunker down over laptop until...
Another walk with doggy
Make spagh bol- tea for the next three days
Hunker over laptop until...
Bedtime.

I think I am finally getting there, mindset is in place and thread seems to be working. I definitely make it harder for myself. Although it struck me yesterday as I couldn’t understand why I felt like I hadn’t done enough reading that I hadn’t. The lunchtime’s normally spent reading are now taken up with dog walking, quite a lot of hours since the beginning of January. At least now it makes sense.
I know I seem a bit ‘sad’ but I’ve taken to YouTube to watch how others do it, write essays, youngsters obviously, but it has reinforced my making it harder for myself. I am very envious of their laptops too, ones that you can read on one side and write on the other 😂 I know I know, 🤣 are they all like this, or is this a MacBook? Mine’s a cheap Lenovo. I wish I’d have had something like this the past few years, life would have been much easier.

Anyway I’m rambling, to myself 😉

pickles
Last Drink Date: 17 Sep 2012

Post by pickles »

Hi aj. Think you tube is handy in things like that . I said about the yoga video , but also had looked up things on there at times . Just try to avoid reading comments if it starts to derail. OH has looked up on how to fix a washing machine , or cameras , watches .

Walked dogs in this once again windy weather! Yesterday was an Ikea couple of hours. Think we went at the right time , as it was starting to build up by the time we left . Went to a decent supermarket too .
Came back and did a bit of a house clean .

Today is an easier day . OH is watching Rambo :roll: .... ah well , boys and their toys .

Nice afternoon ,to doers .
' Normal ' is just a setting on the washing machine .

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Oh, I hope the essay is going well, AJ ;)? I did chuckle at your conversation with your mother! But, like Pickles says, YouTube can be useful for all sorts of things. I used it recently for trying to fix our front door handle. Ok, I did eventually have to get the locksmith out, but I managed to patch it up for the few days necessary.

To done:
Proofreading (but not enough)
Watched a lot of rugby
Went to a gig in Glasgow
Walked dog in a sunny spell betwixt heavy showers and strong winds
Watched Doctor Who
Felt tremendously tired so went to bed too early
Woke up too early and got up and wrote this...

To do:
Proofreading (lots of)
C25K 1/1!
Walk dog
MUST arrange for new electricity meter to be installed this week, while still on holiday from the shop...

I hope everyone's had a good weekend and has a good start to the week \:)/

Où est le Rachel, Danny, John, Action, et al? <:)>
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

aj

Post by aj »

Yes, I often Youtube ‘how to’.

To do:
Work - boss is back - no more working all day \:)/
Doggy \/
Work
Home
Run 30 minutes \/
Shower/tea
Essay \/
Bed

Enjoy your C25k Jjjj. I went out on Saturday to do my first ‘own’ run with my own music and deciding not to keep running up and down the same road, I mistimed it so I had five minutes left after getting to my front door. I ended up running around the back alley and past my front door four times. Luckily the rugby was on, so there was no chance of running (😂) into anyone. It was a nice run though.
Last edited by aj on 24 Feb 2020 22:52, edited 1 time in total.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

aj wrote:
24 Feb 2020 08:23
I ended up running around the back alley and past my front door four times. Luckily the rugby was on, so there was no chance of running (😂) into anyone. It was a nice run though.
Thanks, AJ ;)? I'm still in awe of your 30 minute runs. I'm just back (and still puffing) from my 1/1. It's a funny business, isn't it? I felt distinctly embarrassed on the walk from and then back to the house, passing all the neighbours' windows! And I stuck to the quiet roads around the waste ground for the actual running/walking. But, despite the icy drizzle, it was good fun :)

To done:
1) Because I got up early, I caught up on the proofreading sooner than anticipated. I reached a point where I had only a few last checks to make and decided to leave them until tomorrow morning (deadline day)
2) Took the dog for a good walk
3) Returned and checked emails: out of the blue, the publisher wondered if I could possibly make her day by returning the job by mid-afternoon instead of tomorrow. I could - only through the fluke of having started working on it so early this morning
4) Finished and returned job
5) C25K 1/1
6) Wrote this

To do:
1) Long hot bath with a book
2) Dinner
3) Early to bed. It'll probably mean waking up too early again, but that worked out well today

I hope everyone's afternoon is going well!
"There is no 'us' and 'them'; it's an illusion. We are all human beings, and we all have a responsibilty to support one another." Roger Waters

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

Jjjj of Old wrote:
24 Feb 2020 16:34
It'll probably mean waking up too early again
Told you :roll:

aj

Post by aj »

😂

aj

Post by aj »

I’m assuming you’ll have done run 2 by now then Jjjj 😉

I’m up earlier than normal, I could fit in a quick dog walk, maybe.

To do:
Dog walk - maybe \/
Petrol - go get \/
Work \/
Dog walk \/
Work \/
Tea Mums- pancakes - yes this is why I am going 😉 . The girl I worked with last Friday and I somehow got to talking about family, I was telling her about Mum usually having doggy, but had not had him in a while, hence my need to go lunchtime. After a while she asked ‘how old is your Mum’? I said 76, said she ‘Oh, my Mums only 74, I thought yours must be in her 90s’. It wasn’t until the next day that it occurred to me...How old did she think I was 👵.

Last edited by aj on 25 Feb 2020 17:48, edited 1 time in total.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

aj wrote:
25 Feb 2020 07:56
I’m assuming you’ll have done run 2 by now then Jjjj 😉
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays are going to be my running days, AJ, and I'm sticking to that (hopefully... ;) )
aj wrote:
25 Feb 2020 07:56
The girl I worked with last Friday and I somehow got to talking about family, I was telling her about Mum usually having doggy, but had not had him in a while, hence my need to go lunchtime. After a while she asked ‘how old is your Mum’? I said 76, said she ‘Oh, my Mums only 74, I thought yours must be in her 90s’. It wasn’t until the next day that it occurred to me...How old did she think I was
Hee hee! Something similar happened to me a few weeks ago, when I was talking to a couple of the twenty-year-olds at work. Jason said something like that to me and Ian (who knows I'm 44) burst out laughing and said, "Jay, how old do you think Mark IS?"

After a bit of embarrassed thought, Jason replied: "I don't know - 57, maybe?"

Now I laughed. But then Jason just made everything so much worse by saying: "Aww, shit - sorry. I was actually guessing lower than I really thought, just to try and flatter you if I still got it wrong."

:shock: :lol:

To do:
I have a whole pile of things I could and should do, but i) my wife's in the Big City for the day, and ii) I still have four days of holiday left, so motivation is lacking for anything other than...
  • 1) A really good walk with the dog - but where? I checked the forecast online earlier and it seemed like a day of sunshine and showers. I've since looked again and realised that the "showers" are actually hail showers, not just drizzle. Nevertheless, I feel like going a bit further than normal, so maybe up into the hills above the town (not as far as that makes them sound, but still a good escape from the grim, grey streets below)
  • 2) Practise songs? There's a session on Friday that we normally go to, but I'm not feeling in the mood for it right now. I could look through songs, though, and try to find something to inspire me
  • 3) If I was really good I could arrange a date for the new electricity meter to be fitted...
  • 4) I shall re-diarise the whole of pile of things I could and should be doing, and fill up Weds, Thurs, Fri so that I'm too busy to feel quite so unmotivated tomorrow (and this new list will more than likely include today's item 3)
  • 5) Turn off slow-cooker at 4
  • 6) Eat (not necessarily as early 4, though
  • 7) Bath, book, bed
  • 8) ...but this can be done first: feed dog, have coffee, and ponder where to go for a walk
Have a good day, all - and enjoy the pancakes ;)?

DannyD
Last Drink Date: 0- 0-1973
First Sober Date: 09 Jan 2020

Post by DannyD »

Thanks Jjjjj. The annual pppppancake day. Our basics bank meets today, so they're sharing pancakes as well.

To do.
Something.
Motivation is zilch.
be selfish in your sobriety.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

DannyD wrote:
25 Feb 2020 10:12
To do.
Something.
Motivation is zilch.
Join me, D. We'll form a club! It's good to see you \:)/ <:)>

To done:
  • 1) I did take the dog out for about an hour and a half. Not to the hills, but just to the hospital and then back and around many a town street we don't usually wander along. Saw a heron (or something similarly beaky) very close up in the park, when it jumped out of the rushes of the lake beneath the path, but, of course, I hadn't got my camera and couldn't even attempt to take a photo
  • 2) Turned down the neighbour's kind offer of a Christmas tree she no longer wants. We have enough crap already
To do:
  • 2) Whatever's left from my earlier list (possibly... ;) )

aj

Post by aj »

Oh I knew Martin 🙂

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Morning

I've been awake reading for hours, yet have a long day planned.

To do
Walk dog
Shower
Breakfast
Pack
Play for a funeral
Pack the car
Feed cat
Fill up with fuel
Drive to stay with big daughter for a couple of days

C'est tout

aj

Post by aj »

Have a nice time at your daughters Danny, be careful driving.

Jjjj 😂 your poor work colleague.

To do:
Work- half day \/
Walk dog \/
Hunker down over laptop blah blah blah \/
Run❌
Shower/tea \/
Laptop \/
Bed \/

As I have absolutely nothing to give up for Lent ( no I am not a Catholic) but Mum always gives up something (no she’s not Catholic either) usually chips 😂. I thought I might start something, it was going to be get up at 7am but that didn’t work, so I think it shall have to be, up anytime before 7.30am and makeup on public facing days 🤡.

<:)> to all. Rachel hope you are OK <:)> .
Last edited by aj on 26 Feb 2020 23:53, edited 1 time in total.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

aj wrote:
25 Feb 2020 17:39
Oh I knew Martin
Oh wow! Maartin Allcock? ;)?

Today, for Lent, I gave up... doing anything at all. It has been a spectacularly lazy day during which I have done almost absolutely nothing, other than lie on the bed, finishing the book on Poland. Tomorrow and Friday can be more productive.

To do:
Bath
Dinner
Book (but what to read now?)
Bed

I hope everyone's day is going well <:)>

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

Done

Arrived. And feeling very tired now. I'm not sure how much longer I can do this drive.

To do
Walk the dog before a (very) early night

aj

Post by aj »

Day 2 of project up before 7.30am.

To do:
Work \/
Home 🐶 \/
Work \/
Home \/
Run \:)/ \:)/
Shower/tea \/
Essay
Bed

Ready for an afternoon of study yesterday I came home to find builders working next door, so I decided I’d give the library a go instead. Plus I needed a pee, and as I have not had anyone living next door for the last couple of years have not needed to sort out window covering. Anyway off I go, I was there for less than an hour, could not get an internet connection, and it was so hot, I wear four layers of clothing for work I’m usually that cold, slowly I started peeling off layers as my body got gradually hotter, I honestly thought I was starting with a fever. When the next person that came in started burping and snorting I packed up and came home.

I think I am definitely turning into a hermit.

PS Library is in a leisure centre before someone mentions ‘age’ 😂
Last edited by aj on 27 Feb 2020 20:11, edited 1 time in total.

Mark.

Post by Mark. »

D, I hope you got a good night's sleep and that the trip goes well <:)>
aj wrote:
27 Feb 2020 07:59
When the next person that came in started burping and snorting I packed up and came home.
Aww, that's a shame, AJ! My wife's also been using local libraries a lot to work in recently. One of them was a bit of a wash-out (the nearest, sadly) since it's totally set up for people wanting to use the PCs, rather than work on their laptops or (heaven forbid!) with pen and paper. But the larger one is much better.

After two days of abject laziness I really must get some stuff done. So...

To do:
  • Plan today and tomorrow sensibly. The main focus today can be on all smaller jobs. Tomorrow can be all about a writing project I need to get on with.
  • C25K 1/2: I forgot yesterday! :shock: So, I'll probably run today and tomorrow to catch up (contradicting what I said the other day about sticking to certain days...)
  • But first, I'd better walk the dog and check the conditions, as we have snow! Not a lot, but a bit of a covering, so are the pavements icy?
  • But before even that, I'm going to arrange a date for the new electricity meter to be installed. No, seriously - I am!
  • But first of all first-of-alls, I'm going to have another coffee...
I hope everyone's day goes well <:)>

DannyD

Post by DannyD »

I'm seriously thinking about walking the dog.

Luckily it's still in thought bubbles above my head.